Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Husband is a overgrown manchild

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just got out of a heated discussion with my DH and I about to punch a hole in the wall lol.

My husband, Is a big baby.  He admits this.  I wash his back and tuck him in for goodness sake's!

I have no problem doing this, I just wish the favor was returned sometimes (like cleaning up the house a little, even if it's just cleaning up after himself) He is the messiest person I know!   He is used to having someone clean up after him.

He looses things all the time and forgets promises.  I am always taking the wrap for him when it comes to my family's borrowed belongings or when we have to duck out of a commitment because he forgot and slept in, or committed to another engagement.

He plays video games ALOT and yes, I wait on him and I allow it.  He gets short tempered easy.  When we have a disagreement and I start bringing out unimportant things like facts, and reason, and my point starts to make more sense than his, he goes for the insults and storms off making a huge scene. Criticism isn't something he takes in stride and he has no sense of responsibility it seems.  Sometimes I want to throw hims out a 5th story window!  Arrg!!!!  

But the fact remains that I love him,  This is not my first nor will it be my last rant, but I put up with it because I care enough to.  He puts up with my faults so why shouldn't I his?  I am too nice lol.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM

It is up to you to decide if his faults are worth dealing with or not, no one else can help you make that choice! If he treats you and your kids well that's all that matters, choose your battles wisely!

kerryket
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM
He should at least clean up after himself, right?
mrs-jt
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I love my husband too...but it's nice to get stuff off your chest right?
Eclipse920
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Sometimes it's hard, but ntohing that is worth anything is easy lol.  I have alot of patience and a reallllly long fuse lol.  If we didn't work, no one else would do the job of loving him right! haha

Quoting tikirose91:

It is up to you to decide if his faults are worth dealing with or not, no one else can help you make that choice! If he treats you and your kids well that's all that matters, choose your battles wisely!

Eclipse920
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Thats what I say! lol.

He is soooo lazy at the house, but at least he works hard at his job.  He doesn't mind working alot and has held down 2 full time jobs at once without complaining.  So I guess I would rather him be lazy at the house and leave dishes for me to clean up than being unelployed because he is to lazy to work I guess.   I gotta keep positive when I am cleaning the trail of mess after him or I would loose my sanity.

Quoting kerryket:

He should at least clean up after himself, right?

Eclipse920
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Yes!  It is!  lol.  No one is perfect, but sometimes those imperfections drive you crazy!

Quoting mrs-jt:

mrs-jt
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Right! I completely agree!

Quoting Eclipse920:

Yes!  It is!  lol.  No one is perfect, but sometimes those imperfections drive you crazy!

Quoting mrs-jt:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)