Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too Much

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Just feeling very helpless lately, I just started a new job that I hate but I cannot quit it because of our dire financial situation. I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first child and my Fiance' is unemployed at the moment. We are living with his parents while we try to find other options for housing, kinda hard to do on one income, and who knows how long I will work here depending on how well I do. It is a call center which is completely out of my comfort zone and very intimidating. I am trying to set-up medical through the State so I can start going to an OBGYN, I feel very overwhelmed by all the things I need to and should be doing, I feel like I am failing before even becoming a mother. I don't have very many friends or family to turn to for support, I don't need people belittling me further times are hard enough. Any amount of support or suggestions would be appreciated THANK YOU :D

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Hold onto the job it might ease up for you once you've learned the ropes , but look for something better and make time to set up the healthcare you need.

Are you two thinking about furthering your education for the future, where you would like to see yourself in five years or so?

Things can be overwhelming for everyone, you will get through hard times and learn from them, we all do.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Good advice from kerryket^^

Stay strong and keep pushing forward. Things will get better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
The advice given us perfect but as someone who suffers with depress & anxiety & is also in a similar situation think one day at a time until stress calms down a bit & then start thinking about education. You do not need to stress more then you need to - one day at a time. For be, its so bad I have to take 1 hr at a time. Keep going hun! I am in a similar situation. Get a journal :) journal every moment u can about thoughts and feelings :)
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I think while you are getting help with the rent you guys need to do everything you can to better your education, there are good paying jobs that don't require 4 year degrees, off hand I can think of a couple, respiratory tech, oil field worker, our whole country is aging, maybe something to do with the elderly. You are NOT failing honey, you are working and trying to get medical coverage, keep your chin up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Oh believe me I am not going to stop working unless they fire me I just feel really overhwlemed with the training they're giving me right now. I am not very tech savvy so I am WAY out of my comfort zone. I was also looking into going back to school to become a dialysis technician that's only a 6 month program and they pay really good from the get go. I appreciate your uplifting words, I know I will make it through the hard times it is just ridiculously stressful right now!

Quoting kerryket:

Hold onto the job it might ease up for you once you've learned the ropes , but look for something better and make time to set up the healthcare you need.

Are you two thinking about furthering your education for the future, where you would like to see yourself in five years or so?

Things can be overwhelming for everyone, you will get through hard times and learn from them, we all do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I feel for you anonymous and I wish you the best of luck, I know we can make it over there humps and have a better future. Depression and anxiety complicates things as well but you can overcome it, I am here for you as well if you need someone to talk to :D

Quoting Anonymous:

The advice given us perfect but as someone who suffers with depress & anxiety & is also in a similar situation think one day at a time until stress calms down a bit & then start thinking about education. You do not need to stress more then you need to - one day at a time. For be, its so bad I have to take 1 hr at a time. Keep going hun! I am in a similar situation. Get a journal :) journal every moment u can about thoughts and feelings :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Thank you Lindalou907, I just get tired of talking to my bf about it all the time he is under alot of stress as well and considering he has a heart condition I do not like overwhelming him with stress either, even if we should talk about our stresses. We have til December 4th to figure out a living situation before his mother kicks us out, once that situation is handled I can think about education lol. The job I have now will do just fine til I cannot work anymore, and then if I want to I can always go back to the company til I find a better paing job or go back to school.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I think while you are getting help with the rent you guys need to do everything you can to better your education, there are good paying jobs that don't require 4 year degrees, off hand I can think of a couple, respiratory tech, oil field worker, our whole country is aging, maybe something to do with the elderly. You are NOT failing honey, you are working and trying to get medical coverage, keep your chin up!

Zan1111
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
You can do it! When I was preg I got hired at a call center too. The training was intimidating at first, I didn't do very well on the phone..because I'm not use to ppl cussing me out, even tho I know its not my fault..with little customer service experience, I tried to deal with them..but everything I say just make them more angry, they're always telling me I don't know how to do my job and want to talk to a supervisor...I was always having to get a supervisor...this is like the first 2 weeks of training...

And we had a time limit too, I was never within the time limit..it was so hard..

But I stuck through it, after a month I knew what I was doing, and it got easier....

Just ask a lot of questions, even if you mess up, you can learn from it...no1 is perfect..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I am in week 2 out of the 5 weeks and then the last 2 weeks are me taking calls before I go out on the production floor. The classroom environment is not very educational for me, although we did do a fake call with other agents who were in week 5. I just hope I am confident enough in the software and can figure out the questions that the customers have! It is intimidating, I am glad that you stuck it out as I am going to. My fiance worked at this call center before I did so if anything he knows and can probably help me with any questions I have. Handle time is very important to the company, but they have also told me that quality is more important. Getting surveys with high ratings on them will help you get promoted, you can always work on speed later.

Quoting Zan1111:

You can do it! When I was preg I got hired at a call center too. The training was intimidating at first, I didn't do very well on the phone..because I'm not use to ppl cussing me out, even tho I know its not my fault..with little customer service experience, I tried to deal with them..but everything I say just make them more angry, they're always telling me I don't know how to do my job and want to talk to a supervisor...I was always having to get a supervisor...this is like the first 2 weeks of training...

And we had a time limit too, I was never within the time limit..it was so hard..

But I stuck through it, after a month I knew what I was doing, and it got easier....

Just ask a lot of questions, even if you mess up, you can learn from it...no1 is perfect..

Zan1111
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM
My scores were always 95% to 100% perfect..but my average handle time was never on their time.. some ppl they have really good handle time and some of the top handle time but their scores are below 90%... even then they always look down on me like I'm one of the worst person there..they even put me side by side with another girl cause she has the fastest handle time... its so dumb, because I was already getting my handle time up past the time limit they set for us...

Whatever, I get to sit there for 4hours doing nothing but listening to the other girl and getting pay so whatever...

Quoting Anonymous:

I am in week 2 out of the 5 weeks and then the last 2 weeks are me taking calls before I go out on the production floor. The classroom environment is not very educational for me, although we did do a fake call with other agents who were in week 5. I just hope I am confident enough in the software and can figure out the questions that the customers have! It is intimidating, I am glad that you stuck it out as I am going to. My fiance worked at this call center before I did so if anything he knows and can probably help me with any questions I have. Handle time is very important to the company, but they have also told me that quality is more important. Getting surveys with high ratings on them will help you get promoted, you can always work on speed later.

Quoting Zan1111:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)