Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't have the money, why are you doing it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I'm so sick of hearing about how my friend has no money! She's on food stamps and says she has no food. She works a job where she makes more than me (I make about $30,000 a year) working from home and can have her child with her. She thinks going out to eat is something everyone has to do and it is required and important to do at least once a week. She also is constantly buying crap and her home is cluttered and complains her home is cluttered.... I just want to scream at her for being an idiot.....ugh! And just so we're clear, I'm not even sure how I'm friends with her....I will most likely end up ignoring her after her wanting to go spend $200 on her hair, but she's oh so broke...yuck!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh that would drive me crazy too!

mrs-jt
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Wow...hate when people have that kind of attitude
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

how can she be on FS when she makes more than you, don't get it....

JTE11
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Oh my, maybe someone can drop off a book about household budgeting at her doorstep anonyomusly...

That would be irritating to be friends with. When you can't or won't control the outgoing money of course you are going to have money problems.

Ryanswifey42012
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Well if you are broke you don't spend $200 to get ur hair done. And if she gets food stamps there should be no reason not to have food. If you have food stamps u don't need to be going out to dinner every week. Special occasions are different. As far as cleaning if she spent 30 mins to an hour a day she could have a clean house.
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Wow. I'm not broke and wouldn't spend $200 on my hair. Her priorities are wacked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

the most ive ever spent on my hair is $20 to get it cute once in a while. I never have the ugly hightlights and such and i color it myself with a box from walmart. $3 Revlon.lol. Back before i had kids and made a bunch of money, I still wouldnt spend that much on my frickin hair.  I don't have foodstamps because we do not qualify but i do go to the food bank a couple times a week to help out cause my husband is working his ass off to pay the bills and i had to quit my job last year from having no childcare. I have worked my butt off to make things cheaper for my family for us to survive. So she needs to shut her crappy mouth up and quit complaining. I hope you can put your foot down and tell her to grow the hell up. ;) Let it out!

kerryket
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Do you want to tell her how you feel?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably drop a big hint, like "You are always complaining about having no money yet you spend like crazy on frivolous things!" Well, that isn't really a hint, but I would  make sure she KNOWS it is getting really old. That would just be maddening!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I hate this too. I know a girl, not really my friend, more like a frenemy, she is declaring bankruptcy because she is upside down in her 2003 Montero, she has 2 horses she boards for 750 a month and she is drowning in credit card debt and medical bills. She uses her sister's food stamps (fraud) and she keeps saying she is getting divorced ( 2nd husband been married 4 months) but she still lives in HIS house and fucks other guys. I know she isn't getting a divorce for real because she would be out on her ass with her 3 yr old son, and the guy she is married to is a total wet blanket and lets her walk all over him. She doesn't want to sell her beloved horse even though she has an offer for 30,000 which would settle her debts...naw let's delcare bankruptcy instead. She blew like 6,000 she got back in taxes last year in a week....yep a week so it wouldn't be garnished for her debts. She had a brand new audi for a week! Then is got repoed! LOL! She is always spending money but complaining her is broke! So frustrating!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)