Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling overwhelmed :(

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

Where to start? I'm only 25 and I think I'm going through a mid-life crises. I am not who I want to be. And I can't seem to motivate myself and figure out what I need to do to get things done. I had a whole diff idea of what family was. Having a mom who didn't teach me andything I have to keep teaching myself things. Its harder now that I have two kids. I don't get the time I need to analyze and think things through. I don't know how to keep house. I can't seem to get this chore thing down. I started giving up and just put it off. My daughtre who is 4 almost 5 wants me to constantly play with her. Its never enough and I just can't play alday. I see and meet all these moms who do it all. They keep house, take the kids to fun places, do crafts, look good while doing everything. And I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing  wrong!!! I'm so sad cause I feel like I just do 10mins of this 4mins of that and nothings getting accomplished. So slowly I am giving up. I don't want to but I don't know what to do. My fiance works night so he is so out of it when he is around its like I'm a single parent most times. I think I'm falling into depression and soon I wont be able to get out of it. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong and if everyone has moments like this and we just have to push past....

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just hang in there. My mom left when I was 7 so I never really had any guidance as to being a mom. When my daughter was born my husband worked nights and I worked days. I would get up, get myself and her ready, take her to daycare, go to work, pick her up, come home and cook and clean. I was overwhelmed, stressed and felt so alone. Finally one day I wrote everything I do or try to do for that week and just broke everything down. I organized my schedule with work and home. After that I didn't feel as stressed and was able to spend more time with my daughter because I planned everything out. I also told my husband that he had to do a few things, so I made a list of just simple things for him to do each day. It's hard, but you can make it through. Good luck.
Ryanswifey42012
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I feel the same way sometimes.
RonaH
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM

As moms i don't think we give ourselves enough credit we always think we should be perfect. Well you know what I hate cleaning but I love a clean house so I just set things up where its easy for me. I minimize extra stuff use paper plates during the week and have two hampers in each room one for lights one for darks that way i don't have to sort. Maybe find something your daughter can be distracted with for 1 hr and give yourself some me time. As a mom you have to take it because no one will give it to you that's for sure.Things like that. Hope it gets better for you.

reava
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I feel the same way. For me, going from one kid to two was extremely hard. I can't keep the house clean, it seems like a chore to do normal everyday activities. It seems like everyone else has everything together and I am just falling further and further behind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I dont have anyone to teach me either, but I always follow KISS(keep it simple stupid)..bahaha.
and try not to make a mess.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I make lists and try to simplify things and keep my home on somewhat a cleaning schedule. Pinterest has some good ideas on home routines and cleaning schedules.

Lately though, I have been feeling much like you are right now. I'm trying to get used to the idea of working less and being home more and it's been pretty hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)