Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I really DISLIKE When Single Moms Say ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
3 moms liked this
I really DISLIKE When Single Moms Say, "It's so hard being a Single Mom" .. Umm Motherhood is hard period ! Yes, I understand the fact that being a single Mom is hard but some Single Moms make it seems like it's the end of the world or that they're making fire from scratch every night or something extra extreme.. No, I am not a Single mother but I DO as twice as much as some single Moms I know because there is also the Wife role. If anything I feel like being in a "Parentship" is harder than being a single Mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. I prefer being a single mom than married.
lilbit53009
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM
6 moms liked this

i get what you're saying...especially when you have a husband that doesn't help as much around the house or with the kids as they're supposed to. you're now in charge of yourself, making your husband happy and the kid(s) as opposed to just yourself and the kid(s).

i think everyone's situation is different tho. there are some single moms that have it harder than married moms and vice versa. all depends on the lifestyle you live in general i think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this

oh I so agree with you there. Not only do I have a kid to take care I also have a 35 year old (dh) to cook for and clean up after!

kerryket
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, the dealing with partner's baggage and BS can be tough!

At the end of the day it's nice to have a partner to take up some slack, share everything with, and be on the same page.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I was a single mom with an ex who was completely absent from my son's life. 

It was easier being a single mom. It was lonely sometimes, sure, but I set my rules, worked hard through trial and error to get us into a great routine, and very much enjoyed my time with my son. 

Now I am married and it's a whole different ball game. When I was single, I only fullfilled the roles of "Mom" and "Woman." As a married lady, I don't have time for the "Woman" part because I'm so busy with the "Mom" and "Wife" parts of my life. This is my husband's first marriage, he has no children except the one we have, it's REALLY tough and EXTREMELY frustrating when I'm trying to explain why I do this or that, because I'm on a different level of parenting. He hasn't been through what I've already been through, so it's like trying to get him to play catchup while I already have to raise 2 other children. I know he means well, but as a parent he is immature and we are within the first 5 years of our marriage and still are trying to figure out the "married" roles. It's a headache, and when he argues with me on why I do things a certain way because he desperately wants to be right, it really causes problems. I don't immediately shut him down and assume he's wrong, but out of the hundreds of scenarios we've been through, he's only suggested two valid points. I'm not close-minded to what he is trying to say or do, but the process is exhausting. 

I also have to now deal with his crazy-ass mother * I do NOT say that lightly, she has royally screwed him up on his view of relationships and the role of the wife and instilled a lot of hidden selfishness in him* on top of dealing with him!

Things were simpler when it was just my son and me. I love my husband and our daughter, but taking care of a person who should know how to take care of themselves is hard. 

IfTheTiaraFits
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Making fire from scratch.

I'm so stealing this, lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm single and agree..
Please..maybe it's easier. I get to make all the decisions...I don't have to compromise or argue..
quickbooksworm
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
This. I'd rather be single than put up with the wrong mans shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm single and agree..

Please..maybe it's easier. I get to make all the decisions...I don't have to compromise or argue..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I was married when I had my kids, but I also went through a separation where I was a single Mom (my kids were 2 & 1 at the time), but now we are back together...All I can say is, it is hard either way...just in different ways... Worst part about being a single mom is, if you are sick, you can't call on your husband to get up with the kids. Worst part about not being a single mom is, your kids aren't away for a couple days at a time giving you that little bit of a 'breather' ... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I totally agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. I prefer being a single mom than married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)