Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Excessive snotty noses at public play areas

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have a 15 month old and we like to go to the Mall Play area to get out of the house now that it is so cold - 6 inches of snow fell here yesterday! Drives me nuts seeing SERIOUSLY snotty nosed kids with green snot pouring down both nostrils there while their parents are obliviously on their phones. Or kids coughing up a lung they seem so sick. I know kids often have runny noses but green snot flowing is NOT ok with me!
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Ick, germ city, people don't have any sense!
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM

LOL

CartersMom526
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM
I would stear clear of those places! I know it's tough as I am sure your child finds it to be fun, but is it worth them getting sick from one of those kids? Pry not. Try to maybe find out when the quietest times are at that play area and try to go then. Germs are germs! Yuck!
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I know how you feel.  I think its gross when people put kids in indoorpublic play areas, sick or well.  Its so gross and dirty.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Dh and I r looking into buying a playground for our House maybe try that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

why?  it's been scientifically proven that the color of the mucous has nothing to do with whether there's an infection or not.  kids get colds in the winter, it's what they do - especially while they're that young and building up their immune system.  even barring the germ-ridden indoor playground, you will run across the same stuff in the grocery store or anywhere else you're around the general public, so basically any time you leave the house.

sorry, I'm not keeping my kid down just because they have a runny nose in the very season of runny noses.

mommersx4
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Start a play group with maybe 3-4 kids. Alternate houses, have a simple lunch and then everyone goes home to take a nap! You can set your own rules. Safety, illness, food allergy etc.  You get adult conversation, kids have fun and socialize.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM
That's just gross but thats what happens in public play areas. So nasty.
TatyBear
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Although I wipe my kids noses when its runny. My 5 yr old was born with a runny nose. She has had one for 5 yrs. She is not sick even though its thick green.

Its just how she is.

Her little sister was born with breathing nose issues and its the same. So not all kids with runny noses are sick, just saying. But I wipe my kids noses. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM

you'd be suprized how much dirtier cell phones and public escalator railings are than a play place they might catch a cold but thats about it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)