Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I can't go back to school because of my father.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 120 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I file a police report?

Options:

Yes,its what is best.

No,its a foolish move.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

I have been trying to enroll back into school because my father is keeping me out of school because I am a minor.He told me to get an abortion and ever since,he has been neglecting of my needs.He has been not buying me healthy foods I can eat,and he has been keeping me out of school because the pregnancy is embarrassing my sister and she tried to kill herself when I told her I was pregnant.I want to have my father arrested because its illegal and my principle won't let me back in either because she is under the impression I am transferring because that's what my father told her.I have been out of school for over a month.And if I am transferring,then why did I get a letter the other day in the mail saying I am missing TO MUCH SCHOOL?Which means my name is in their system still.I want to have my father arrested,but I don't want my sisters to be sent to a foster home and my brother is to old to be in the system and has no job.

I want all the stress to go away.I'm scared I'll have a miscarriage and its my first baby and I'm planning on keeping it.My father is also persuading my boyfriend's mother for us to not be together and that I should have an abortion.I don't know if I do file this report what will happen.My mother is graduating in a week, and she will have more money,I don't know if she will take them in and I don't think its a safe enviornment because my mother drinks and gets violent.I don't know what to do,I just keep crying all day.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
4 moms liked this
You need to call the police. He won't lose your siblings, he'll just get fined for keeping you out of school.

You could just talk to the principal and tell him/her that your father lied and you are truant against your will and if she doesn't do anything call the cops.
paulswifey11
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Call its what all you kids need.
CrownedPrincess
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

When I do return to school,will they count me as losing credits because I missed so much?And even if they don't,if they give me a science test,I'll fail it because I wasn't there.And not only that,the class will be on a different unit.I told him if I can have friends take my work to me and do it at home.The school is doing way to much!During the change of school process they keep asking him to get copies of the case and stuff,and the officer told us we cannot get a copy of the safety transfer.And when he told the school that,they said we have to tell the board of ed and that it might cost ten dollars.And they don't have the best schools in NYC.I might end up in a dump of a school.Its like every time he goes back and does what the school tells them,they tell him to do something else.Its like a to-do list that goes on and on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM

are you sure you don't want to consider adoption? It doesn't sound like your have family or boyfriend support to help you raise this child. And talk about missing a lot of school, it will be a lot more once the baby is here. BTW kudos to you for wanting to be in school and working on it.

vampporcupine
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

She hasn't mentioned adoption. Why does everyone think a young mother equals a bad mother? She will not be young forever, will they give her child back when she's "old enough, married enough, successful enough"? No, they won't. Adoption leaves both mother and child with lifelong psychological and emotional damage, not likely what she needs.

OP, I would see if you can call your school and speak with your guidance counsellor. Explain what is going on and ask for guidance and assistance. If people can work a full time job and parent, you can go to full time school and parent. Check into your homeschool/correspondence options. Your guidance counsellor should be able to help you with that. As far as your father goes, he is just caving to societal pressures of what he deems "proper". Remind him that your child is his grandbaby.

Good luck sweetie, you'll get it worked out just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

are you sure you don't want to consider adoption? It doesn't sound like your have family or boyfriend support to help you raise this child. And talk about missing a lot of school, it will be a lot more once the baby is here. BTW kudos to you for wanting to be in school and working on it.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Wtf? So because the two men who are supposed to support her bail and now she has to change her mind based on their selfish actions? That's no different than forcing her to do what they want. That's not cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM

i feel for her, but i also don't want that baby to end up in foster care in three years b/c she's unable to take care of the child and then no one will want to adopt him/her and he/she will be p assed from home to home. It's better to give your baby up for adoption than have the baby taken by foster care.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Wtf? So because the two men who are supposed to support her bail and now she has to change her mind based on their selfish actions? That's no different than forcing her to do what they want. That's not cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

psych_mom
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM
3 moms liked this

She sounds rather determined to be a good mom and finish school. Just because the rest of her family is crappy doesn't mean that her baby will end up in foster care. Is there a chance, yes, but there is always a chance that something is going to happen and a child will end up in foster care. Her being young doesn't automatically mean her child will end up in foster care.

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel for her, but i also don't want that baby to end up in foster care in three years b/c she's unable to take care of the child and then no one will want to adopt him/her and he/she will be p assed from home to home. It's better to give your baby up for adoption than have the baby taken by foster care.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Quoting Anonymous:

vampporcupine
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this

No, it isn't better for anyone other than for baby begging adopters wanting to exploit a mother in crisis. Financial hardship, if she did experience it, is not a reason for her child to end up in foster care. Financial and marital status have nothing to do with whether or not she is a fit parent, neither does her age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Quoting Anonymous:

Amanda804
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you? What i would do if your father is doing this to you is look into emancipating yourself so he would have no legal say over what you do. if this is what is happenig i see no reason why they would deny your request for emancipation. Contact a lawyer or legal aid in your area and ask them questions about how you can go about doing this. Good luck hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN