Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

why have your boy circumcised? just curious

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just wondering why circumcise, to me it sounds like torture. i seen a video and it looked terrible and painful.  so i want to know what are the reasons for circumcising. 

P.S please respect other options this is not a bashing post just to get an understanding on the situation :).

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Replies (51-59):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I had both my sons circumcised and wish I hadn't  - I honestly believe it is a barbaric practice now

TimetoMomUp
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I thought preventing a uti was one of the reasons to have it done?

Quoting RandiBear:

They must have done something wrong. My nephew had his done last fall at 9yrs old and after 4 days he was 100% fine. After 2 days he was okay, just sensitive to touch for 2 more days. Sounds like he may have a UTI or something (which can happen with the surgery). Have they had him checked? He could also just be remembering the pain. He's at the age where they bring up past injuries as if they still hurt.

Quoting schatzi869:

My son is not circumcised, and neither is his daddy, his paternal uncles or paternal grandfather. Teach proper hygiene and it won't stink.

My nephew was just circumcised in September...and he's two. Why? While he had hypoaspadius (?), which is where the hole is a bit lower than it should be, and his pediatriction said it wasn't bad enough to need fixed, a surgeon said he would never be "normal"...so she decided that along with that, he needed to be circumcised so he could have a "normal" penis. He was in excruciating pain, and screamed in agony whenever he peed...for almost a week (and yet the surgeon said he would feel no pain after two days). He still grabs himself and says (pito...hurt).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I don't know if anyone has done it here yet because I didn't read every reply but usually you see a lot of, "Why do you care about my son's penis? Perv!" and it's such a lame answer.

I have seen "because it looks better" in this post and my mind screams, "Perv!" to you...why do you care about how appearling your own child's genitals are? Sicko.

Needless to say, no circ for my two boys here age 2 and 5. No infections, no dirtiness, the doctor has never mentioned it either way during their exams, no extra cleaning, no hassle, no screaming, no blood, no guilt for me.

Feces and urine will cover your new baby boy's wounded penis. Doesn't that scream cruel and gross to any of you?

The foreskin will filter out the ultra shallow women they'll meet in the future who judges a guy on the status of his uncut penis. Yay!

Rajeshsmom
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I couldn't do it to my son. I just felt that wasn't my decision to make for him. 

If we had another boy I wouldn't do it.  I Would leave his too. 

But I don't judge other moms who do it. Totally their choice! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I did because boys can get a really bad infection and getting them circumcised lowers the risk.

Droyal14u
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I have three sons from two different marriages. My first husband was not religious but demanded that his sons get circumsized because he wanted them to LOOK like his! I thought that was a ridiculous reason to have it done and argued with him, but he signed the paperwork saying I'm a female and won't understand. My second husband was NOT circumsized and I did not want my son to have it done, so it wasn't. Clean is relative. If you teach your son to clean himself, he will, circumsized or not. My opinion is we have eye lashes to protect the eyes and that extra flesh is there to protect the opening of the meatus. Most people do it for religious reasons, but I've been with both kinds of men and prefer naturale. I don't care what people say about how it looks as long as it works. If a child dislikes natural, he does have the option to change it later. Yes, I'm sure the pain issue will be raised, but once done, it cannot be undone. Besides, it should be the child's choice on how he wants to appear as its his body! Parents get their daughters ears pierced all the time, but that's a want. You don't NEED your ears pierced. She can choose to do it later if she wants. Sometimes, I think archaic traditions are followed too blindly. Honestly, I wouldn't want sons circumsized because accidents do happen whereby the doctor cuts off too much and damages the penis. Just too big a risk to take on such a sensitive part of the body just for appearance sake.

_ClearFruit_
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Its none of your business really what people do with their children.

People constantly ask this question. Supposedly wanting to understand, when they truly just want to judge.
Bentleysmom0213
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I did it for sanitary reasons, and also to save him from embarrasment in the furture. I never have slept with an uncircumsized male, and i feel its rare these days. I also did it like a week after him being born. 

nixore
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Same.

Quoting lwalker270:

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is intact. i did my research and i found no proof that it is healthier to circ rather than leave them intact. If you teach them to clean themselves properly, which i did, there is no cause that its cleaner either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)