Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Husband being a douche-bag! Long-Sorry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Why are some men assholes?  I went and put some things on layaway for Christmas.  We have 200 set aside for Christmas this year so far.  I used 100 to start it.  You would have thought I over-drew the account by the way he was acting when I got home.  HE wanted to do it.  HE wanted to take any fun I have for shopping for the kids.  HE wanted to be the "hero".  HE wants to control everything in this house.  HE is THE MAN.  

He then started on me not going to Church with him and the kids and me not "making" the kids go.  Um, I work EVERY weekend.  He told me tonight that my beliefs are stupid.  I finally had it and told him that he can take his old-fashioned, middle ages beliefs and shove them so far up his ass that he can choke on it.  He informs me that we need counseling with his PASTOR.  Why would I want to talk to someone that has his beliefs on what women should do?

Speaking of that, I work full-time and get 1 day off a week.  He does not work due to disabilities.  Guess what I have to do on my day off?  That's right-clean and do laundry.  Yet he bitches and whines about the house being a mess.  WTF does he do all day?  Kids are in school.

So if he is such an ass, why am I still with him??  I wonder that myself.  Well, he controls the money.  He can't budget worth shit.  The house and the cars are in his name. Is it really worth it to throw 14 years of marriage down the drain because he is PMS'ing?  I am sick of his whining.  For his Christmas present, I am giving him a pacifier and telling him where he can put it.

All this shit because I put a layaway on for the kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Toss that bitch some chocolate and Midol and tell him to quit his fucking whining!

xoch86
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

good luck with that. 

MommyofJustin
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Sounds fun. I envy you.... not!! I think ill stay single :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

If you work, how does he control the money?  If YOUR paycheck is going toward the house and car, I would stop that now.  Let them foreclose on HIS house and repossess HIS car  and in the time it takes for that to happen sock away as much money as you can, then leave!  Umm, you should probably speak to a lawyer first though....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Joint checking account and he has the checkbook.  The house and cars are paid in full.  I try to put away money, but my check is direct-deposit, and they don't have the paper checks anymore.  I am also in class when the money is deposited, and when I get home, he has already written and mailed checks for bills.  He leaves practically nothing in there.  

I am in the process of getting a new job, and he is going to have to beg ME for money for once.  I will have my own checking account that he will have no access to.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you work, how does he control the money?  If YOUR paycheck is going toward the house and car, I would stop that now.  Let them foreclose on HIS house and repossess HIS car  and in the time it takes for that to happen sock away as much money as you can, then leave!  Umm, you should probably speak to a lawyer first though....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Wow, I wouldn't wait.  Open your account now and have the check put there.  Also, you still may be entitled to money from the house.  Depends on law where you live but I think any increase in value while you were married is fair game.  

My ex turned very, very religious right after we got pregnant, about a month after the wedding, and expected me to live that way.... He was also became very "I am the man and I wear the pants", and then became abusive.  Do some digging, when I did I found thousands of dollars he had stashed away both in cash and in bank accounts I had no knowledge of.  He wasn't too happy when he had to give he half... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Joint checking account and he has the checkbook.  The house and cars are paid in full.  I try to put away money, but my check is direct-deposit, and they don't have the paper checks anymore.  I am also in class when the money is deposited, and when I get home, he has already written and mailed checks for bills.  He leaves practically nothing in there.  

I am in the process of getting a new job, and he is going to have to beg ME for money for once.  I will have my own checking account that he will have no access to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM

He isn't that smart to hide money.  He just likes spending it.  Extra money comes in, he needs new ties.  Not, "Why don't we put it on the credit card".  But he likes to say he is "conservative" with money.  BS.  The shit is going to hit the fan soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, I wouldn't wait.  Open your account now and have the check put there.  Also, you still may be entitled to money from the house.  Depends on law where you live but I think any increase in value while you were married is fair game.  

My ex turned very, very religious right after we got pregnant, about a month after the wedding, and expected me to live that way.... He was also became very "I am the man and I wear the pants", and then became abusive.  Do some digging, when I did I found thousands of dollars he had stashed away both in cash and in bank accounts I had no knowledge of.  He wasn't too happy when he had to give he half... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:20 AM

There is no way in hell I would let anyone treat me that way!

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM
You are a much better person than I am. I would have tossed him long ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Sounds like he needs to be brought down a notch or two. I am all for my husband being the head of the household but my husband is all for not abusing power either. Even with him being the head the household he believes that we are still partners in this marriage and that we both have to make decisions on things together and work together for the greater good of our marriage, not him bullying me and controlling me. What your husband is doing is thinking the being the head of the household means that he gets to be a control freak and do what he wants to do and you have to bow down to his wishes. Sounds like it is time for you to take a drastic step.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)