Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Co-worker on a power trip

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

I work for a small cleaning service, less than 10 people including my boss, her husband, and another family member who also works for her. Due to constant turnover, and one girl being out for the birth of her child, she is hiring back people who have worked there in the past who have had some pretty unsavory dealings. Fast forward to last week, she rehired a person who, according to other employees, has SERIOUS attitude issues and actually tried to get into a fist-fight with my boss the last time she worked for her. I have been with the company over two years and never met this woman til last week, so she has been gone from this place of employment for MORE than two years, just as a reference. First and foremost, she has gotten confrontational and hostile and basically cornered the entire company and belittled them, save for my boss and her husband pretty much every day last week. Every time I see her, she is going over areas that I have cleaned and refluffing all of the pillows and flinging her dust towel around spreading shmutz all over when there is actual work that needs to be done. Friday, she yelled at the whole group because SHE was the last one to leave a house, but it was fine when she was the first one out all the other days of the week.  She fulfills the title "new sheriff in town" to a T, like she can just come back and be in charge of everything and everyone there when she is quite literally the newest person. I have already had it with her and she has been back 5 days. I am actually dreading having to go into work again and have to deal with her. I am so close to just quitting and pursuing having my own cleaning service full-time. I did sort of want to hang in til christmas, because of the tips, but I don't know if my sanity will take it.

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cherokeegoddess
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

you sure we dont work with the same person? lol i work in daycare and got a co-worker like that. she's the asst. director and she lacks maturity and common sense. i dread going in every day beacause i usually have to clean up after the one i'm relieving. it's sad that i clean up more after adults than  i do the children. she claims she doesn't like being called boss but she sure in the hell acts like it when the big boss is around.she does it all for show. good luck and i hope you regain your sanity soon.

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
So talk to the boss! see if anything can be done to bring her back down to earth. Could be you just need to stick it out until the other girl gets back from maternity leave. If the boss has no suggestions, then consider your own business. Or just stand up to the bitch. Usually people like that just need to know you aren't going to take it. but talk to your boss first so she can't throw you under the bus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I work with someone who isn't hostile, but works very hard to avoid caring for the people we provide services for. She is a pro at looking like she has done everything but truthfully she refuses to care for a few of the residents and at the end of the day, has truly done nothing but clean the kitchen.

:(

Its rather irritating and wearing.. but hey! Whatever makes her look good. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A power trip working for a cleaning service??! Lol.

If you're not happy there, find something else. It's not worth it. But who knows? Maybe she'll be let go before the year is up.

bbmomma1994
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
She reminds me of my sister in law she will rob steal and kill but somehow she gets away with it even my dh defends her actions just not the drugs part.
kh0423
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Sadly, my boss is well aware of her behaviors, since she is the one this girl tried to punch in the face the last time she worked here. The worst part is that as long as it is not directed at my boss, she is not too bothered by it. She actually likes to have bitchy, bossy women work there to do her dirty work, ie, confronting employees, micro-managing, and doing the other unpleasant aspects of her job while she collects the money, and appears to be a nice lady. And honestly, every service I have worked for has had women that were difficult to be around, but I only had to see them at the beginning of the day, and if I had to work with them, I obviously sucked it up dealt with it for the day. But this service is strictly for executive homes (castles, mansions...lol) so the whole team is together ALL DAY. No escape! BLAAAH!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN