Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

In a huge ranting mood apparently---- Sorry it is so scattered!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

So not only do I hate my second childs middle name I was on here responding to some posts about weddings when I realised. I was never "allowed" to plan mine. Yes I know every bride plans weddings. I had it all planned out, I had everything picked out and in this little book. Well turns out I had to pay for everything..ok so that sucked. Mom said she would buy my dress okay cool since that was the thing i was most excited about. NOPE. She would only buy what SHE liked. well frig, it was getting really close and we couldnt agree on the damn dress. Hubby said I was planning my wedding to be alot like his brothers and new SIL...ummm never saw pictures so okay yet again my plans had to be changed. Then NO ONE liked the plans. so my wedding looked like some messed up tornado blown....thing that the pictures turned out like shit, no one would co mingle, everone just thought that the other was too stuck up to talk to eachother. I had to worry about that, I had to listen to people crank about everything. The stupid music didnt work so our dancing was ruined. My stupid photographer kept taking pictures of her kids! She was my aunt but GAHH. Only my family thought to bring gifts (or money) his just came and ate. My honeymoon was spent with famly -.- seriously.

Then at my baby shower I wasnt allowed to do a damn thing...yet again. Although I will admit my SIL did make sure it was what I wanted THANK GOD FOR HER. My materity pictures were never taken due to money and blah blah blah.. Onto my second pregnancy and I still cant get maternity pictures. UGH

I feel better lol

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

So plan a vow renewal and anyone who volunteers to help you has to promise to only work with your vision or they are gone. idk how you can redo a baby shower... but I never got the pics of mine. I was just glad some people came and we got a lot of the things we needed.

PadysMomy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I feel you. I couldn't plan my own wedding either. My mom was f*king it all up: FIRST she said she was not going to pay for ANYTHING. So, DH (then fiance) decided to plan the event with the budget we had. Then, once we told her where we were planning on doing the wedding, SHE took over and said THESE foods had to be hors d'oevres, not the ones I picked. She hated my dress and the bridesmaids dresses I picked, she didn't like that I picked a Justice of the Peace to marry us and kept insisting that we marry in the Catholic church (neither I nor DH were religious). She ruined the whole experience for me. It was like she was planning HER wedding, not mine.

I just said F*K IT! My DH and I eloped and did it at our friend's house, who is a judge. I only had my MIL, my brother, my SIL and BFF as witnesses. It was not what I imagined my wedding, but I was happy that I got to have MY day w/out any stresses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I had eloped. My mom never had a wedding it was just a quickie in Vegas so it was like she wanted to plan it her way, my grandmother (who never got to help with my moms wedding) just jumped in. it was a big fat mess!

Quoting PadysMomy:

I feel you. I couldn't plan my own wedding either. My mom was f*king it all up: FIRST she said she was not going to pay for ANYTHING. So, DH (then fiance) decided to plan the event with the budget we had. Then, once we told her where we were planning on doing the wedding, SHE took over and said THESE foods had to be hors d'oevres, not the ones I picked. She hated my dress and the bridesmaids dresses I picked, she didn't like that I picked a Justice of the Peace to marry us and kept insisting that we marry in the Catholic church (neither I nor DH were religious). She ruined the whole experience for me. It was like she was planning HER wedding, not mine.

I just said F*K IT! My DH and I eloped and did it at our friend's house, who is a judge. I only had my MIL, my brother, my SIL and BFF as witnesses. It was not what I imagined my wedding, but I was happy that I got to have MY day w/out any stresses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Baby shower was okay, the only problem was my father being anti social but I understand where he just was recovering from a Motorcycle accident and surgery. As for a vow renewal he doesnt believe in that kind of stuff :/

Quoting amandacr1026:

So plan a vow renewal and anyone who volunteers to help you has to promise to only work with your vision or they are gone. idk how you can redo a baby shower... but I never got the pics of mine. I was just glad some people came and we got a lot of the things we needed.

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

lol then tell him you're gonna throw your own wedding all by yourself where you can have the dress you want and decorations and food. and he's not invited. then stick your tongue out like a big girl :) (Thats what I would do)

Whats not to believe in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Baby shower was okay, the only problem was my father being anti social but I understand where he just was recovering from a Motorcycle accident and surgery. As for a vow renewal he doesnt believe in that kind of stuff :/

Quoting amandacr1026:

~Amanda~

kerryket
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I like the idea of a vow renewal at some point, maybe something sweet and intimate with some close family and friends, with a theme that you would love.

Mine went okay, some of the usual glitches, and then the DJ introduced the new couple with someone else's last name, the dope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Damn if I know. I think it has something to do with the way he was raised in his bible humping (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE) where you only marry once, you stay with that person until you die kinda thing....although how that applies I'm not sure since both of his parents were divorced and remarried.

Quoting amandacr1026:

lol then tell him you're gonna throw your own wedding all by yourself where you can have the dress you want and decorations and food. and he's not invited. then stick your tongue out like a big girl :) (Thats what I would do)

Whats not to believe in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandacr1026:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Oh no. That is never good. We never were introduced to everyone. We were the first to arrive since everyone kept getting lost to the reception...it was seriously 2 streets over from where we wed and we WALKED

Quoting kerryket:

I like the idea of a vow renewal at some point, maybe something sweet and intimate with some close family and friends, with a theme that you would love.

Mine went okay, some of the usual glitches, and then the DJ introduced the new couple with someone else's last name, the dope.

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Well I still don't understand though... Cuz its not like you're actually getting REmarried.. its just a chance for you to do repeat the same vows and rededicate yourself to the same person you've loved for how many years?? I've always thought it was a wonderful thing to do and an excellent opportunity to iimprove on the first time around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn if I know. I think it has something to do with the way he was raised in his bible humping (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE) where you only marry once, you stay with that person until you die kinda thing....although how that applies I'm not sure since both of his parents were divorced and remarried.

Quoting amandacr1026:

Whats not to believe in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandacr1026:

~Amanda~

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Yeah I dont understand either. I hought maybe it was the religion thing but the more i thought about it made no sense.

Quoting amandacr1026:

Well I still don't understand though... Cuz its not like you're actually getting REmarried.. its just a chance for you to do repeat the same vows and rededicate yourself to the same person you've loved for how many years?? I've always thought it was a wonderful thing to do and an excellent opportunity to iimprove on the first time around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandacr1026:

Whats not to believe in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandacr1026:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)