Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

needing advice

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay so this will probably be long sorry in advance. I have been with my husband 2 yrs married for 1. He's always been a little bossy and wanted things his way. I was not allowed to speak to my 2 best friends because he didn't like them and he didn't like me always being at my family's. Well recently he moved me from my home town to his home town 3 hours apart. Things between us have gotten worse. He has told me to leave he isn't happy I did within 3 hours he was begging me to come home and he was sorry. I said I would come home the next day and I did. Now our problems in our marriage is he thinks it is my duty to cater to his every need do anything and everything he asks but he will not do the same for me if I ask him to do anything for me he throws a fit. I have two children and we disagree on the raising of them he thinks he has more right over them than me he is only the stepparent not the father. He doesn't respect me, appreciate anything I do, says I'm only made happy by money (not true he's the one with all name brand clothing while I have barely any clothes), he always says everything is my fault and I need to change to make our marriage last. I've tried and every time I do I'm still not changed enough to make him happy. Well this Friday he woke me up throwing a big fit because the towels was In the dryer and not in the closet he refused to go get it and stomped around until he woke the 3 yr old up and I finally gave up and went and got it by the time he went to work we fought for a hour. I felt like a slave and didn't feel appreciated so I called my dad asking him to wire me money (I don't have access to the bank account only he does) I called my husband told him I was going to my parents with the kids so he can figure out of he wants to change how he treats me I told him I would be home Sunday he was going to hunt this weekend anyways. He refused to speak to me I would text and call and he would just ignore me. I sat around all Friday and Saturday crying over him. Turns out Friday he was at a bar while I was with family crying over how I don't think he wants our marriage (mind you he refused to go to bars with me) Saturday he just ignored me because he could. He believes he did nothing wrong over the weekend and I have no reason to be upset and everytime I tell him how hurt hearing about his weekend makes me feel he tells me to grow up and it was my fault because I went to my family's which supposedly meant we was split up. he tells me he rather be around his family than me because I try to get him to see how big of a jerk he is. Anytime I say anything he doesn't like now he just tells me to watch it or he'll walk out and go back to his dads and we will be over for good. I honestly don't what to do. Do I try to do as he asks to make my marriage work or do I just walk away because anything I do isn't good enough for him? I love him to death but I'm just at my breaking point and don't know what to do..
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I didn't get past 1/2 of your post and I can already tell you that your husband is emotionally abusive and very controlling. You don't even have access to funds! That is bullshit. Get out of this silly marriage right now, chalk it up to experience, and move on. Whatever you do, don't get pregnant with this guy! You sound like a nice girl, you should have a better partner, your kids doesn't need this kind of lousy example of manhood.

cindilou13
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Leave.  He's emotionally abusive and controlling.  Those things are personality traits and aren't going to change long term.  Not a good example for your kids either. 

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

He's way too controlling and it's only going to get worse. Go back to your parents and don't go back to him. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Breezy0319
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

LEAVE!!!!  You dont deserve that!!! You need to put your children first and realize that is not a good situation them. You deserve the world and he deserves a kick in the head!

teaandcookies
by Katherine on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Get out and move on. My ex to a tee, and guess what he was such a miserable shit, 7 years after I left, he killed himself.  There are other men in the ocean, who arn't bottom feeders.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM

He's abusive-divorce ASAP

heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Get out asap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN