Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

New to this group....need to vent.... o.0

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi....I'm new here...I'm sorry I didnt properly introduce myself...I just saw the word "vent-" and ran with it....I really need to vent about something but I'm hesitant. I dont normally go on ranting about things and it makes me aweful when I actually cave and go off.....I think to myself "oh shaddup, quit whining" or "suck it up and move on" I guess I'm hard on myself. Idk!!

Anyway....I guess I'm venting about wanting to vent and not feeling like I can. HAHA! how ironic!

Basically, my issue comes down to someone telling you theyre going to do something and then they dont. They avoid the situation like it's diseased and theyre catching or something. I'm sure a few of you have dealt with this. I'm dealing with 2 people like this right now. What makes it worse is when you woulda done whatever it was YOURself if the person hadnt offered....Or you started something you never would have KNOWING you couldnt do it yourself, but you did because someone offered to help. At one point do I just say forget it and decide to move on and admit it's just not going to happen???? For how long do you keep poking...hinting about it...or do you just say "hey man, wtf?" you know??.....how does this go? How do you not be upset with the person about it? How will i ever trust this person again knowing they set me up for failure??

uhhhhgggg....

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SkullyDevour
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yeah that annoys me too. Usually I just try to tell them nicely to forget it. Then I just do it myself.
kerryket
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Frustrating, in my younger years I'd eat it and get done, now I'll call them out on it, "hey you said you'd give me a had with this and I need your help". I hope you get through and get them on the ball.
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
You ask them what the hell... then if they don't step up then drop it.. sounds like you're trying to hang your life on other people. screw other people...
MamaJwlz
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
lol I'm not sure what "hang your life on people" means but it hardly sounds like something I'd do. Actually, I JUST got bitched out yesterday by my aunt for being "stubbornly independent" and refusing to ask for help or taking help when it's offered. It's just this kind of a situation (where someone tells me they'll do something and I agree) why I am that way to begin with. So when the time comes I finally DO say "ok, if you want to help out" when they FLAKE, it's 10 times worse.
Quoting amandacr1026:

You ask them what the hell... then if they don't step up then drop it.. sounds like you're trying to hang your life on other people. screw other people...

MamaJwlz
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies...I slept on it and decided at some point that I'm done with it. Both situations. I'm just going to figure it out myself and I know I will because I always do...and if the time comes when they say "OH well, I said I'd help" I'll politely let them know that when they avoided the conversation numerous times, I figured it meant they could no longer help and did it myself. End of issue. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I know exactly what u talking about ...u got me wanting to vent now about this samething ...mys is my sister she allllwwwaaayyysss want to give advice but not willing to help finanically she doing alrite for herself , married grown son.but that a good story to i will tell that one another time lol...she give advice like this my mom raised 4 by herself we all grown 54,53,48,46 my brother the only boy is the youngest im the youngest girl and we all have 1 child a piece with me having mys first...29,28,26,18. K. well my sis miss advicer told me 1 day everybody work or go to school or do both except u well i dont even stay in the same state as none of them including my daughter ok i live by myself ok,i have a good bf ok, she called me out of the blue cause they dont call and tell me nuthin not even if my daughter get sick and have to go to the hospital and will give my child $ 4 and abortion and wouldnt even tell me ...she called we talking and she said her feeling hurt bcus our family dont celebrate her birthday with her they dont drive out to her house to visit or nothin well i thought well yall dont even send me a card or nothing well i decide to celebrate her birthday with a surprise party at her house remember i stay in another state i told my cousins who i never hear from, my older sis ( nope i didnt cus she tricked me to so we dont speak)my mom who i havent seen in years i dont go home it always some drama so i just rather be alone. drama this is a good example to i tell my mom not to tell my sister that im going to give her a surprise birthday party im cook everything and bring it with me i just made stuff like chicken salad, pasta salad, meatball n jelly/chili sauce,party wings, and my aunt made her a key lime cake and a lb cake she make the best cakes omg!! MY mom said i want be there im going to s.caroline we go ever memorial. weekend (my bro. house) I said u cant miss 1 yr without going there u all dont even come visit me sense u all came and got my daughter she had just graduated from the 6th grade when they came and got her but thats another story also lol. well we already made plan my feeling was so hurt im coming to them and giving my sis a surprise birthday n she want go to my bro house and he go home all the time my mom 2 youngest stay in a different state and the two oldest stay in the same as my mom well my niece call me and ask me about the party cause she wasnt going to my bro house i told her and what her grandmom said well she call me back and said her mom said she wasnt going either cause my bro got to work so guess who call me back and said she wasnt going so what time is the party going be o she didnt say why she wasnt going she cant drive that far and my older sister wasnt going so everybody came we had a gr8 time and everything my mom met my bf and they play there role. Dont 4 get i dont have no job so my bf help me with a few things and i shop at the dollar store ...i even gave my sisters, my daughter cus shes a mom , my mom , and 1 of my aunt she never had kids but she help my mom when we was little i gave them mother day gift i didnt get nothing from nobody in my family but a call saying happy mom day ok my birthday is the last 1 in oct everbody else is b4 mys not 1 gift o yell i even brought my granddaughter back with me to give my mom a break that memorial day weekend it was suppose to be most of the summer nope she was back at the state line 2 week later lol....well my birthday nuthin. then the next yr i hear from my sister o xmas nothin from nobody not even my daughter was hurt now my sis call out the blue and say u need to go to school cause everbody there goes to school or work or both who going pay for my schoolin , and student loans and if im not ready to go that just be throw away $$..k that the advice she likes to give now i have been with my bf for 15 yrs the end of this month ....we going through something now but i did go to culinary school he paid for it but it was a year later after my sis advice me to go then but at the time i didnt have no idea what to go for and i wasnt focus well when i did tell her i was in school she still couldnt send me $20.00 for gas another story me n my bf going through something and she said well leave him along this happen to be around my birthday nothin again and she did come visit one yr my aunt who make the best cakes house the only reason i got to see her cus my aunt had to work so she hung out with me and i moved from my old place to a new place cus the flood, nobody call those tornado that yr nobody call to see if i was ok nuthin now im to the present with my sis she tokd me to leave my bf the 1 that help me with just about everthing wait when she did visit she saw i had new furniture cause of the flood they gave me a furniture voucher, and $$$ to help for what we lost so she saw some item in my house dhe want fir herself and gift for coworkers yes u heard me coworkers gifts bday gifts i show her where i got them from and all even cooked her a dinner b4 she left to go back home still not nuthin now back to me leaving my bf who do just about everything for me im thinking about it and say im broke it my birthday can u send me something for gas so i can look for a job or something i dont want ask him 4 nothin her reply im broke i found a $1.00 in my desk at work and a coworker ask me do i have a $1.00 i just had found it and i gave it to her i get paid Thursday it was Wednesday....now that was the end of oct i still havent received not 1 red cent. n i dont hear from her no more remember she said her feeling where hurt cause the rest of the family dont visit or celebrate with her for her birthday but she goes to stuff they be having so what is my lesson u havent learned it yet and this suppose to be my favorite sister if im going through something i shiw cant talk to her amatter of fact nobody in my family but they all i got!! :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)