Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

What does that little brat want THIS time?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 46 Replies

This is 100% a total vent. Nothing I say I want to do, will I actually do.

My daughter is 6. I'm going to call her "Sally".

Sally's best friend last year, I'm going to call "Annie". Annie's birthday is 6 day's after Sally's.

Last year Sally and Annie were inseparable best friends. They were in kindergarten in different classrooms though. We live in an apartment complex with quit a few kids of all ages. Through Annie, my husband and I mad friends with her parents, and our families became close pretty fast.

Sounds great right? Keep reading.

Well, last summer (between kindergarten and 1st grade) Annie started running her mouth to other apartment kids, and to family members that she hated Sally, and didn't want her as a friend anymore. It was devastating to Sally. Sally has a VERY generous heart, and will do almost anything to make people like her. If I'm sick she'll cover me with all HER favorite blankets and give me HER favorite stuffed animal to help me feel better.

Well, Annie said the same hurtful things over and over to Sally all last summer. Sally was hurt, she'd cry for a day or two, then get over it and forgive Annie and they'd be freinds for a few days. Repeat.

School started this year and Annie started running her mouth AGAIN. She started bullying Sally; telling her who she could and couldn't play with at recess, telling her who she could and couldn't walk home with (all the apartment kids walk home in a big group, supervised by 2 adult crossing guards), was even telling other kids not to play with Sally any more. Once, in the hallways at school Annie kicked Sally for saying hi to a boy that Annie has a crush on.

As first I went to Annie's parents to let them know when their child was being a little bitch. Annie's behaviors got worse towards Sally, so I went to the school and asked that they please keep Sally and Annie as separated as possible during the day and on the walk home. Things were great for a while. My daughter was no longer coming home sobbing that Annie had done something else to her. But, Annie's parents didn't like that I went to the school to protect my daughter, and told me to go to hell, that we weren't friends any more.

Well, now Sally ahs come home all happy and giddy because Annie is being nice to her again. My only thought, and my husband's when I texted him: What the fuck does that little bitch want from our child NOW??!?! Annie NEVER does anything unless she wants something. She manipulates EVERYONE around her, including her parents. Annie, at the ripe old age of FIVE figured out how to play the dumb blonde act to get those around her to do her work for her.

Ugh! I just want to punch that little girl in the face. 1) for all the crap she put my daughter through over the past summer, 2) for all the shit she did to my daughter so far this school year, and 3) for the heartbreak that is coming out of this so called renewed friendship.

Remember what I said, just because I WANT to doesn't mean I'm GOING to.

I see nothing good coming out of this new development. I DO however see a lot of tears from my daughter when Annie turns on her, yet again.

Can any of y'all think of what this child may want from mine THIS time? If you've made it this far through my ramblings, I commend you. This whole situation is over a year in the making now.

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
6 moms liked this
I have no idea what Annie's problem is but I would have a straight talk with my child about how some people are just mean - even when they pretend to be nice.
trabruno59
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Your poor dd. That is horrible! That little girl is way to young to behave like that. But these days kids are cruel. I don't blame you for wanting to defend and protect your dd. Thay child just sounds plain mean and doesn't need to be around your dd. I don't know what she wants but it sounds like she enjoys the turmoil she puts your dd through maybe in the end thays what she gets out of it. That she can affect your dd in such a way and she gets away with it from her parents and your dd accepting her back as her friend. Honestly I don't see an end in sight unless your dd completely drops this girl and ignores her etc.
Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

It pisses me off becaue I KNOW there isn't much I can do except sit back and get ready to pick up the pieces. I HATE not being able to do anything.

If not at Christmas break, then definetly for second grade, my daughter will be switching schools. This is something I considered when she started, but both my kids were insistent that they have their own school with their own friends. My son is in our version of the gifted program, so he gets bussed to the school that houses that program.

The nice thing is that that school is about a mile west of us, down the road. Our "home school" is about 1/2 mile north of us, down the OTHER road.

Quoting trabruno59: Your poor dd. That is horrible! That little girl is way to young to behave like that. But these days kids are cruel. I don't blame you for wanting to defend and protect your dd. Thay child just sounds plain mean and doesn't need to be around your dd. I don't know what she wants but it sounds like she enjoys the turmoil she puts your dd through maybe in the end thays what she gets out of it. That she can affect your dd in such a way and she gets away with it from her parents and your dd accepting her back as her friend. Honestly I don't see an end in sight unless your dd completely drops this girl and ignores her etc.

1boy1girlmama
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I think you should just switch her schools, and have a nice long talk about what kind of behavior we expect from our friends. A good friend is a friend all the time and doesn't do what Annie did or does. Just ask her if she would ever treat a friend that way, and make sure that she knows she deserves to be treated well and to be cautious with friends who are like A. She will eventually tell Annie to Fuck off when she gets tired enough of her bullshit.  Tell her she doesn't have to take it and can stand up to her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

oh god ur gonna  be one of those moms on the world star hiphop videos ,aren't you lol

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Say WHAT??

Quoting Anonymous:

oh god ur gonna  be one of those moms on the world star hiphop videos ,aren't you lol

trabruno59
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM
It does suck that you can't do anything but pick up the pieces and that breaks my heart. This little girl just needs to disappear and leave your dd in peace. Sounds like you and your dh are ar your wits end and your dd can't take anymore:( if it comes down to it switch the schools if that's what you think is best and will give you and your dd some peace and you some peace of mind that your dd won't be hurt anymore

Quoting Rosehawk:

It pisses me off becaue I KNOW there isn't much I can do except sit back and get ready to pick up the pieces. I HATE not being able to do anything.

If not at Christmas break, then definetly for second grade, my daughter will be switching schools. This is something I considered when she started, but both my kids were insistent that they have their own school with their own friends. My son is in our version of the gifted program, so he gets bussed to the school that houses that program.

The nice thing is that that school is about a mile west of us, down the road. Our "home school" is about 1/2 mile north of us, down the OTHER road.

Quoting trabruno59: Your poor dd. That is horrible! That little girl is way to young to behave like that. But these days kids are cruel. I don't blame you for wanting to defend and protect your dd. Thay child just sounds plain mean and doesn't need to be around your dd. I don't know what she wants but it sounds like she enjoys the turmoil she puts your dd through maybe in the end thays what she gets out of it. That she can affect your dd in such a way and she gets away with it from her parents and your dd accepting her back as her friend. Honestly I don't see an end in sight unless your dd completely drops this girl and ignores her etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Tell Sally she deserves a much better friend. Tell her to tell Annie that she cannot be friends with her anymore because she is not a very nice person. If Annie touches her or starts to bully her again, call the cops.
Ethereal77
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree to tell daughter that "Annie" is no longer allowed to play with her. Tell daughter that she has other friends to play with and forget about the other girl. She'll be better off in the long run.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM

What a mean little girl. I hate how cruel some kids can be and I've seen it enough first hand. I totally understand your ranting and venting and to be honest I would want to do the same things you feel like doing but I think I would want to beat the shit out of her mother too. I feel so bad for your daughter and my niece was in a similiar situation and she had a lot girls hating her and bullying her because she is very pretty and started modeling. When she would talk to me and tell me what she was being put through at school I wanted to go there and kick everyone of their little asses. These were high school girls and they can be much worse. I really hope it all works out and your daughter doesn't shed another tear because of any mean child. Who cares if you lost the friendship with her parents who apparently aren't teaching their child to be kind towards others. They should have handled the issue the minute you brought it to their attention. It seems like they don't care because its not their child crying and being heart broken. I feel so sorry for all of you and wish you the best...hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)