Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

stop touching my baby!!!?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 23 Replies
is it just me or is it only where I live that random people just come up and want to touch your baby and sometimes they actually do I swear it drives me insane and I'm about to get one of those things you hang on your car seat that says please do not touch my baby! has anybody else ever experienced a random person coming up and touching your baby so to speak like touching their hand or walking up and saying awh what a cute baby and then touching their face oh my gosh it drives me nuts lol sorry done venting :-)
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GMom2011
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I body blocked someone who tried to do that to my son while my son was a newborn. The person became rude and called me a psycho. I asked her how she would feel about some stranger coming up and touching her.

I don't trust strangers. No one should put their hands on someone else's child.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No, I was/am the total opposite. 

TheFirstNoel
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Yes. My daughter is four and people still think it's ok to touch her. I want to smack them! I'm past the point of being nice about. Don't touch other people's children! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! Who doesn't want to touch a baby ? And knowing this, I had no prob with random touches from strangers. It's not like an old lady dick slapped my infant.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

AlwaysKISA
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Eh, I don't mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I love to see the smiles on people faces when they saw my son. He started out his life making many, many people smile. Its a good thing!!

Quoting Anonymous: Me too! Who doesn't want to touch a baby ? And knowing this, I had no prob with random touches from strangers. It's not like an old lady dick slapped my infant.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

RitaTequila531
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I feel this same way.

Quoting GMom2011: Yes, I body blocked someone who tried to do that to my son while my son was a newborn. The person became rude and called me a psycho. I asked her how she would feel about some stranger coming up and touching her.

I don't trust strangers. No one should put their hands on someone else's child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
No one around here does that. But I'm kinda scary looking so that might play a role.
ms_amanda
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 4 now, but when she was 2, she could speak in full sentences like a little adult. She is tiny and has the biggest brown eyes, beautiful ringlets and ALWAYS wore a tutu during this time. We were in wal mart on day when an older lady came up and patted her head and said "aren't you just the cutest thing!" My daughter said "don't you touch me! Don't ever touch me! I don't appreciate your behavior!" in ane indignant tone LOL I didn't even apologize to the lady as I think my daughter had every right. Could you imagine if some stranger came up and patted your head and called you a thing?! LOL The lady was totally shocked and said, "wow, that some big words out of such a little girl".

I did speak to my daughter after when we were home about how some people that don't have babies can't help themselves. She is better about it now at 4. And yes, people still come up and pat her head time to time.

baquick
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I have a heard time resisting lol. I do though unless I see approval from the parents and I usually keep my touch to their feet. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)