Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They can put a man on the moon...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

But they can't make a colonscopy prep that you can swallow without wanting to barf.  This is going to be a long f'ing night.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Uck, never have done it, but I've seen my mom choke it down :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM

The procedure is the EASY part.

Quoting kerryket: Uck, never have done it, but I've seen my mom choke it down :-(

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM

The simply joys in life.

kids stocking

alc4evermom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:14 AM

If a man really went to the moon when they said he did----we also haven't stopped war and famine.  I agree though;  I had to do my gestational diabetes testing and the drink was disgusting!  

thefiregoddess
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:19 AM
I gave up on the last 32 oz.
I had a lapband and I DID puke. I just couldn't drink that much my stomach couldn't handle it.

They told me to use an entire bottle of miralax, a bottle of magnesium citrate and TWO boxes of ducolax.

Gag.

Never again..ill die of butt cancer before I ever do that again.

I hope you feel better soon and have the outcome you want.
happyolechimp
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:28 AM
my husband and i never had any problems before having that done.....
oh....it's a preventive procedure....drs. advise you have done.
they go inside you with a spinning...whirlin..razor blade...cutting all polyps....out.....then...oh you had pre-cancerous ones..
then...where they cut it out...has to heal.
never again...no
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Please don't say that, my dad died of colon cancer and it was a horrible death.  Colon cancer is one of the few that if caught early there is a great success rate...and it's slow growing.   Unfortunately my dad didn't believe in doctors and he....and I kid you not...treated the pain with Motrin right to the end.  He also didn't tell us what was going on.  

I Just got back and I got the all clear.  What a relief.  For those who haven't had it done...the procedure is truly nothing...a nap.  When they were wheeling me in I looked at the clock and it was 9:10 and when I woke up it was 9:50.  It's the prep and fasting the day before that sucks!  I finally got most of the solution down by chasing it with apple juice quickly to get the taste out of my mouth.  Twice it tried to come back up and I thought either I quit now with 3/4 of it down or I take one more sip and it all comes up.  I quit while I was ahead.

Quoting thefiregoddess: I gave up on the last 32 oz.
I had a lapband and I DID puke. I just couldn't drink that much my stomach couldn't handle it.

They told me to use an entire bottle of miralax, a bottle of magnesium citrate and TWO boxes of ducolax.

Gag.

Never again..ill die of butt cancer before I ever do that again.

I hope you feel better soon and have the outcome you want.

aj_mom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Been there. And it is some nasty stuff.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:53 AM

That sounds yucky!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a very yucky prep, but it only needs to be done every several years and then you don't have to worry about colon cancer, it's a good deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)