Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I know it's a public road but you're still an a**

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 32 Replies

Mobile Photo

I was so pissed last night when I came home from picking up my kids from the babysitters after work at one in the morning to find that some asshole had parked in the spot I had shoveled out for my crappy little "sports" car. I know it's a public road but there are people parking there that I have never even seen before and they're parking illegally because they're facing the wrong way for parking on that side of the street. This forces me to park across the street from my house and my street is a pretty busy road and there have been several accidents right by my house. My closer neighbors never park in my spot because they know my situation so I don't know who this asshole was. So I left a note on their windshield. Do you go all batshit crazy when some jerk parks in the spot you shoveled out for your own car? Tell me about your experiences.
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this, but I don't blame you for being upset. Some people are jerks and feel entitled to other people's hard work.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I'd be ticked too.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I don't have that issue but I feel your pain. just one more ting to make your life hell.

holding gifts

AliKatAK47
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry but I wouldn't care. Its kind of a "move your feet, lose your seat" thing. You moved the car, they took the spot. Nothing illegal or wrong about it, and it certainly doesn't make them assholes.  If someone parks in my spot I'll just put the car in my driveway or in the garage.  Its no big deal. Its not MY spot, its a spot I like to put my car in.  I think you would be more of an asshole for writing a note and putting it on someone's car.

Sorry.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I'd do that but I never have a pen.
3JuJu3
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind that they probably didn't know your situation.  That's no excuse for them to park illegally, but if I was visiting someone and I saw a spot open I'd take it.  It would never occur to me why it was clear of snow or who needs it more, just by the very nature of parking on the road.  Stay safe this winter.  I hope the spot's open for you next time!

Esmrlda
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I would be pissed also, maybe you should of put a chair in its place while your

were gone.  But on the flip side they probably didnt know the situation and now feel horrible.

So what happened?  Did they move the car?  Did someone else take the spot?

My mother used to get so upset if people parked in front of the house and took "Her" parking space even though it was a public street.  She would leave them notes too.  It was embarrassing.

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I would think the person was crazy that wrote that note if I got it.  I would be thinking 1- how the hell was I to know you "claimed"this spot?  Its open and I need to park.  You should get a handicapped spot put in front of your house if you are disabled.  2-  If walking and parking are a challenge for you why are you having kids?  Clearly you arent that disabled if you are able to have multiple kids and take care of them right?

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

as far as the spot I shoveled out for my own car- I park in my garage.  If they were in my driveway or garage I would have them towed.  They can park on my street but they never do as I live near a dead end and I have a large yard.  If they are parked there someone is having a big party and there is no room by their house. 

ravenseeyore
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Your child is disabled and this makes it dangerous to cross the street. Check into getting a disabled tag for your car and talk to the city or county about getting the spot in front of your house designated disabled/handicapped parking. 

The last time this happened to me I lived in a townhouse and it took my girls and I about an hour to dig so we could get out. The HOA had hired someone to plow the center of our street.  We went to the grocery store and when we got back there was a car in my spot.  I knew who it belonged to, so I parked behind it close enough that he had no way to get out.  When my neighbor came home from work she came over and asked me how long it had been since I blocked him in. She was furious because that meant her daughter's boyfriend had been there alot longer than they admitted to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN