Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's Lazy / I'm a Slave Driver

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

We've been struggling the past 2 years since DH lost his job. He's been bouncing around from one dead-end thing to the next. He'd got the opportunity now to work 2 days a week and get paid for 40 hours but it's only at a  low wage compared to what he was making. We were talking about it last night and I know he wants to take it. I asked him if he would be able to handle another job working 20 or so hours a week to help us make ends meet. He doesn't want to. I've been busting my hump working 1 full time and 1 part time job trying to help us get by while going to school part-time. We are just staying afloat and I'm getting burnt out.

I tried to tell him that last night and his response was just that I should quit the part time job because I don't make much money there anyway. Well duh! But something is better than nothing and he doesn't get that!

I'm really starting to resent how lazy he is.

I won't even start on the house work....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Eeek. Deep breaths. Sooo who does the housework? (pretty sure I already know)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

He vacuums about once a month. That's about the extent of the housework/yard work that he does.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Eeek. Deep breaths. Sooo who does the housework? (pretty sure I already know)

lunyuny
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Oh no that would not work for me.  You need to set a time limit on him doing something or he needs to go. Yes your right something is better than nothing.  He needs to see that or see his shit go out the door.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I'm lucky my dh is not like that. When I go back to work I just hope it stays that way.
psych_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Wow! I would be pretty frustrated.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Does he give a damn how much time you are putting in, why are things so out of sync, don't you both have the same goals as you dig out of the slump?
3JuJu3
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh isn't like that, but one time we had one disagreement on some bills we couldn't pay.  He was acting like it was no big deal, and I just sighed and said, "Well, this is shitty.  Now we're going to have to sell some of our electronics to pay for this."  Needless to say he paid more attention then.  He couldn't even retort with something of mine to be sold because all I have is a bunch of books.  You don't get much for those! 

Jewel2000
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I handled a similar problem by telling my dh that he had to pay all the bills (I was previously doing all our financial stuff), and I stopped doing any housework whatsoever. I think that I was accepting too much responsibility, which let my dh just do less. and less. and less.

He complained for quite a while, but after a few months he started to just handle things. He got a more clear picture of our financial situation. And, he learned to live with more mess AND to occasionally clean, and stopped whining so much about the dirty house!!

I won't say it was perfect, and definitely tt was all annoying, but worth it. 

Esmrlda
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I really despise lazy men.  Yeah I agree he could get another job working 24- 32 hours a week.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Yeah, if he's going to only work 2 days he needs to get something else too. It's funny how people are always saying "quit your job"! Are THEY going to pay the bills? sheesh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)