Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

future mother in law problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Backstory - my child's father left me pregnant. He got served @ 18 months and is trying to work things out with me as well.He has another child three months older who he has custody of. Well we've been going to his moms house who he lives with to allow them to get to know each other.

We did a separate xmas for her because we weren't allowed over on xmas. She always makes dinner because she doesnt work. Well I always say thank you for dinner, etc. I brought her a frame with my daughter's newborn pic because she asked him for some. Well she bought my child xmas gifts as did her father. I also bought his son some things. She also got me body wash. Before leaving he decided to have me take everything home with me. Then we heard ice storm so wd left in a hurry cuz were almost two hrs apart. Before leaving I said thanks for the gift. Well her and his stepdad are mad at me because I didn't say gifts and yelled at her father sayin basically im ungrateful because they spent alot of money on her. Uhm.. I said thanks. Wtf. As of now we haven't had our court date yet so there is no custody agreement. I no longer feel comfortable going there. Period. Id rather meet at the mall or something.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
So you are marrying this guy bit still have court dates? I'm confused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Yes because she has medicaid and we weren't married at her birth they have to establish paternity and then custody as well as child support.

Quoting Anonymous: So you are marrying this guy bit still have court dates? I'm confused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
So you aren't marrying this guy then.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes because she has medicaid and we weren't married at her birth they have to establish paternity and then custody as well as child support.

Quoting Anonymous: So you are marrying this guy bit still have court dates? I'm confused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
He asked me but I'm not jumping into anything. I feel like his mom does nothing but create drama between us. She tried to say I was lying about something to him Because my name was first on the court Paper.

Quoting Anonymous: So you aren't marrying this guy then.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes because she has medicaid and we weren't married at her birth they have to establish paternity and then custody as well as child support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)