Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maid of horror!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies

I have a total of two girl friends, most of my friends are guys. I have always seemed to have gotten along better with guys than gals. Well now that I am engaged I would like to pick one of my girl friends to be my maid of honer but I feel like I don't have good options. Both of these girls have been there for me when my life took bad turns and yes they are great people, i just feel both of them will let me down. One friend likes to do EVERYTHING last min and flakes on me ALL the time. And I hate doing everything last min. I am a planner and I hate being behind. The other is really into herself and I feel like its my wedding so it should be about me. She also flakes on me. She also is not very good at being supportive when I am stressed out. I just feel like they would let me down and I would end up doing all of the "maid of honer" jobs myself. Including things like throwing my own bridal party and getting myself something borrowed new and blue on my big day.... As a little girl I always had a dream of my best friend doing these things with me, and I just don't want to be let down by them..... again..... 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
10 moms liked this

This is why I didnt have a big wedding... And my Maid of honor would have been my best friend, whos a guy. In fact when he gets married I am going to be "best woman" :) His fiancee is cool with it. :D

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Those do sound like lousy choices. Just prepare to help organize more than you'd like too.
myempyreofdirt
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM
6 moms liked this
Do you have any family members who would be good candidates? I know lots of people who had their sister or a cousin as maid of honor. You could also consider having a guy friend fill the role if your fiance is cool with it. Wouldn't be traditional, but it's not unheard of these days.
RonaH
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
6 moms liked this
What about picking a guy friend.
ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I wouldn't have any maids of honors. I didn't and my wedding went fine. I don't have any good friends either that why i didn't ask anyone.

sassygoddess
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Have one of your guy friends be your "Man of Honor"...one of my guy friends had one of our mutual girl friends be his best woman at his wedding.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I wonder if a guy could do the job, thought of a fam member like the other poster said, I hope you find a way to make it work, maybe your friends could be a good team? Not traditional, but it might be something that could make your dream come true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM
15 moms liked this
Okay maid of honor should not mean free slave labor. If you want a dream Barbie wedding do so but dont suck all your best friends down the drain. Have them both be special parts of your wedding tell them you love them both so dearly that choosing one over the other was not an option so could they both be maids of honor. This way you can divide whatever is that persons specialty job on them. Personally I hate maid of honor duties. Im not free fucking labor and. Someone always pulls sad bridzilla feeling hurt wah wah wah. Dont do that. You already know they are not good organizers dont pre set yourself up for dissapointment
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

If you and your soon to be Husband are okay with it, why not juse use a good guy friend you have that won't let you down? :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Okay maid of honor should not mean free slave labor. If you want a dream Barbie wedding do so but dont suck all your best friends down the drain. Have them both be special parts of your wedding tell them you love them both so dearly that choosing one over the other was not an option so could they both be maids of honor. This way you can divide whatever is that persons specialty job on them. Personally I hate maid of honor duties. Im not free fucking labor and. Someone always pulls sad bridzilla feeling hurt wah wah wah. Dont do that. You already know they are not good organizers dont pre set yourself up for dissapointment

I would never treat them like they are just "free slave labor" that isnt my point at all. There are just some things that I want my maid of honor to do with me. oviously my fiancee is more intrested on the food and less interested in things like flowers, and since my mom isn't living in the country anymore, I wanted to have some one reliable to be by my side. They are wonderful girls with great hearts. They just aren't reliable. 

And just an fyi I don't want a "barbie" wedding, but I am going to spend the rest of my life with this man so it is important to me. And i wouldn't suck all my friends down a drain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)