Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think the cat needs to go.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

Before all you animal lovers go eating me alive. I have my reasons. This cat is super jealous of my infant son. We have already taken him to the vet to rule out physical problems. Down to it, he's old and very jealous. He does things he never did before my son was here which was over 5 months ago. I've caught this cat standing on my childs chest meowing in his face, he's even gone as far as pissing on my son! He knocks over garbage cans, pee's on everything! I do mean everything, the couch, floors, my kitchen counter. You name it he's probably done it.  This isn't a once in while thing either its a daily basis. His liter box is cleaned at least every other day, if not everyday. I don't let my daughter have friends over cause of it, i;m consistently having to steam clean everything and my son is going to be crawling soon. And its horrible for every ones health. makes me sad, but what else am I suppose to do other then find him a different good home, with no infants? Only reason he's even still in my home is my SO and I  are having issues giving up the 13year old cat.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
STVUstudent
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck finding anyone willing to take on a jealous 13 year old cat who pisses on ANYTHING.  Take him to the vet and have him put down.  Why subject him to a shelter, where he will not understand why you have left him, until he is finally put down...

cmfarm
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Is he neutered?

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Watch out for the "cats are more important" haters. SMH.
ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

The cat needs to go. Can you put it in a cage while you find a home for it. I wouldn't want it around my baby.

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a cat lover, but when it comes down to it, my furbabies are still just pets. As hard as it is for me to say this, I don't think you'll finda home for him because he's so old. It might be better for your to have him humanely euthanized.

I do agree with you though, kitty has GOT to go. The health and well being of you and your family are at stake here.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Is it a he or she and is it fixed? If its not fixed, then get it fixed. If its an unfixed she, yeah sorry that cats got to go. They are spiteful little shits.
msalice_21
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
:( your family comes first definitely
psych_mom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

We recently had to get rid of our oldest cat. She kept going outside of the liter box and she was fine, she was just mad because she didn't like the noise that they kids made when they were in the house. It was the hardest thing we did, but we talked to our shelter and they said that they often have elderly people that come in looking for adult cats and they felt confident in finding her a home. It broke my husband's heart, but he had to think about our kids. She never went on their stuff- it was towels in our bathroom floor, but it got old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM

try to find a no kill shelter before you choose to put it down as others say. As long as you take a good look at the shelter and has enough room. If that is not an option, I o ly wish for the best of this situation. I have 8 cats, 6 of them in need of a home and 2 in need of being spayed so both cannot have kittens. I love my girlies. They are sweet cats. The kittens though, need a good home where they will be loved. Good luck.

Jorleny
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'm having the same problem with SO and our dogs!!! It's been constant fights and we can't seem to compromise. They find a way to sneak in my daughters room and pee, poop, destroy everything they can. They started peeing everywhere as well!! SO REFUSES TO GET RID OF THEM!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)