• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughters friend Living with us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
So we took our Daughters Friend In Back in September. We treat her as our own and she seems to be very ungrateful... What to do??
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
As someone who was taken in by a friends family. Thank you. As of today I am a financially independent person and am only here thanks to the kindness of my friends family. They are/were losers if you will yet they took me in. Had it not been for them I wouldn't be here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM

We don't treat her any different then we do our own kids and she definitely has it way better then she ever has just don't seem to appreciate anything we do for her and starting to seem like she expects it now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
10 moms liked this
Dont expect grown up appreciation from a teen

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't treat her any different then we do our own kids and she definitely has it way better then she ever has just don't seem to appreciate anything we do for her and starting to seem like she expects it now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Very well Said!!! and I guess I never really thought of it that way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Trust me in my fucked up world I appreciated any and all normalcy thou how can in an abnormal life can you know how to say a million thank you's. 30 years later and I still can't thank them enough and oddly their family is nutty as loons but they saved my ass

Quoting Anonymous:

kerryket
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Some nutty loons are the best:-P

Quoting Anonymous: Trust me in my fucked up world I appreciated any and all normalcy thou how can in an abnormal life can you know how to say a million thank you's. 30 years later and I still can't thank them enough and oddly their family is nutty as loons but they saved my ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be here without them

Quoting kerryket: Some nutty loons are the best:-P

Quoting Anonymous: Trust me in my fucked up world I appreciated any and all normalcy thou how can in an abnormal life can you know how to say a million thank you's. 30 years later and I still can't thank them enough and oddly their family is nutty as loons but they saved my ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Gypsyd
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM

THats kinda vague what is she doing that makes you think shes ungrateful >>

mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

How old is she? under or over 18? why did you take her in? If she is going to be ungrateful, first talk to her about how you are feeling & if it does not get better kick her ass out. what is she doing to be ungrateful?

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My Grandson is kind of the same way, feels entitled to stuff that my own kids never got. I suggest that you tell her how you're feeling, that you don't want resentment to build. And it's so true that sometimes we're not thankful for things until much later, hopefully she will thank you some years from now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)