Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My brothers fiance bashed my son for being gay! Long!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
So lets start from the beginning my ds last week who is 16 came out to dh and I about his boyfriend hes had for a few months and also obviously about him being gay dh and I told him we dont care if hes gay and that we will always love him no matter what and that we wanted to meet his boyfriend so later on that night dh said we should do something special for him to celebrate this huge step in his life so we both decided to throw him i guess what you would call a coming out party so a day later we decided to talk to some of his friends since dh and i know most of his friends parents since we live in a small town and asked his friends if they wanted to come and to not tell him about the party because its a surprise so then we also contacted his grandparents from mine and dhs side and they also agreed to come my mom mustve called my brother and let him know also and he asked if his fiance could come to I said sure why not ive only met her once and figured this will give us some time to bond so the day of the party we let ds go to his boyfriends house and told him to go out or something with him for a bit before they came over and asked him to see if his boyfriends parents wanted to come by to so while they were gone we set up and people were coming by and everyone was there except my brother and his fiance so we decided to go ahead and call ds to see when he was on his way and he said im coming home now in his boyfriends car with his parents so ds arrives and see the whole party and we meet ds boyfriend and his parents and they are all great people including ds boyfriend and in walk my brother and his fiance and she has this look of disgust on her face so i said is anything wrong and that theres snacks in the kitchen and to help themselves so as they are walking away I hearher say oh is this a fag fest or something i would never let my son be gay I wouldve kicked his ass out the moment he fixed his lips to say something like that so as im trying not to pounce on this woman i go get dh and let him know what just happened so then i find my brother and his fiance and pull them aside and ask them to leave because intolerance isnt welcome in our home so then she says I dont think you celebrating your son gay being is tolerable is my eyes I told her I dont give a damn what she thinks and to please leave then my brother decides to tell me im wrong and that i shouldnt treat his soon to be wife that way and he slams the front door on the way out i was almost in tears because i know that people like that are going to be everywhere and it breaks my heart to know my son may be faced with people like that! SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT I HAD TO GET THIS OFF OF MY CHEST!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow people celebrate gay people coming out. Wow I would have had a disgusting look on my face also.
dandylynes
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM
7 moms liked this

That's lame, it sucks that that is a reality.

What also is lame is the fact that coming out is any differnt then being straight and is a reason that should be celebrated.

That probably sounded wrong, I'm not bashing the coming out party, just the fact that one was even needed, because in an ideal world, being gay would be no different than being straight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM
4 moms liked this
No i think I worded the coming out party what i meant to get across is a party to just let him know he felt loved by his friends his father and me and to not be ashamed more of a support party to be exact.

Quoting dandylynes:

That's lame, it sucks that that is a reality.

What also is lame is the fact that coming out is any differnt then being straight and is a reason that should be celebrated.

That probably sounded wrong, I'm not bashing the coming out party, just the fact that one was even needed, because in an ideal world, being gay would be no different than being straight.

JorJorsMom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM
17 moms liked this

I think that's great that you wanted to show your son such support.  Shame on ur brother's fiance for making a scene.  That was really rude.  But as you can see from the first post that was cowardly written anonymously people still show their ignorance.  There is no freedom until we are all equal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen thanks for your uplifting words.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

I think that's great that you wanted to show your son such support.  Shame on ur brother's fiance for making a scene.  That was really rude.  But as you can see from the first post that was cowardly written anonymously people still show their ignorance.  There is no freedom until we are all equal.

JorJorsMom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Your welcome.  It really bothers me when people show intolerance towards other people.  Some people are still afraid of what they don't understand.  You'd think we would have evolved more than that by now.  As a whole though I think tolerance is pretty good and only getting better.  :-)  Just remember when you come across people like that that it's their problem, not yours.  I know I would support my children 100% in whatever their choices are.  Your brother's fiance would kick her son out?  That's not unconditional love.  I hope she learns that when she has children of her own.

Quoting Anonymous: Amen thanks for your uplifting words.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Yes she said she would kick her own son out and here the kicker the little boy is only 7! It makes me want to punch her. Yes I know that is just a huge fear for my son I dont ever want to see him be hurt because of some idiot and its sad that people still have the mindset of someone from the 1800s uhhh it makes me sick!

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Your welcome.  It really bothers me when people show intolerance towards other people.  Some people are still afraid of what they don't understand.  You'd think we would have evolved more than that by now.  As a whole though I think tolerance is pretty good and only getting better.  :-)  Just remember when you come across people like that that it's their problem, not yours.  I know I would support my children 100% in whatever their choices are.  Your brother's fiance would kick her son out?  That's not unconditional love.  I hope she learns that when she has children of her own.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh she does have a kids which is even more unfathomable and heres the kicker her own little boy is only 7! It makes me want to punch her. Yes I know that is just a huge fear for my son I dont ever want to see him be hurt because of some idiot and its sad that some people still have the mindset of someone from the 1800s uhhh it makes me sick! Thank you so much for your advice!

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Quoting JorJorsMom:

JorJorsMom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Was ur son aware of what she said?  Unfortunately, your son is going to encounter rude people.  Everybody does.  There's never a short supply of judgemental people.  You seem to have an open relationship with him and that's great.  If kids can talk to their parents without fear of judgement there's nothing better.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes she said she would kick her own son out and here the kicker the little boy is only 7! It makes me want to punch her. Yes I know that is just a huge fear for my son I dont ever want to see him be hurt because of some idiot and its sad that people still have the mindset of someone from the 1800s uhhh it makes me sick!

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Quoting JorJorsMom:

blueforewolf
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you and your husband are wonderful!!  I'm sure your son knows that many people hold the views that your soon to be sil has  eventually though those people will be more and more in the minority  - there is all kinds of support for gay people now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)