Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

why do you get privacy but Im a B**** when i want it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I walked in my room tonight and DH is sitting there with my day planner that I also use as a mini journal. It upsets me because he goes through everything I own, from notebooks to school work. Yet he insisted I was disrespecting his privacy when I went through his pockets when doing laundry because he insists he did but has ruined our stuff before with pens and stuff.
When I told him to leave it alone, that I wanted something I could write in without him reading or commenting on he got posses. The more I tried to explain the double standards the more he shut down. I'm sick of it, he has very little respect for me and refuses to communicate. He tells me certain parts of his life are none of my business yet I should be an open book.

(thanks for letting me vent)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Pissed
chickadees
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Writing is on the wall here....move on, there is someone better out there for you.

3JuJu3
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't tolerate that. 

USMCWifey2011
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
He sounds shady as eff
bluedolly01
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM
This would be a red flag for me.
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Id start writing you're a weirdo snooping asshole and pretty much punk him for pages. Then chore lists for him .
jamamama00
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
If he is that worried about his privacy then it should be obvious what's going on. Either put up with it or put your foot down.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Quoting jamamama00: If he is that worried about his privacy then it should be obvious what's going on. Either put up with it or put your foot down.
EmCraig
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM
My husband is the same way. He is "allowed" to have his cell phone locked, but I'm required to give him access to mine. I've started journaling this year in hopes of working through things and I'm just hoping that he doesn't find it when he gets home (he's a truck driver so he's only home every few weeks) because I know he will get upset that I vent about him in it. It isn't fair but I don't see a way to change their ways of thinking. Good luck to you. Hugs. I'm here if you want to chat
Droyal14u
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:55 AM

It's sad that he has no respect for you...if he did, he would give you the space you need to express yourself. I stupidly was married to one like your husband....needless to say, he is an ex, and I will never let another man dictate how I express myself or have separate standards for each of us. Ugh! I wish you luck girly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)