Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

USED & ABUSED... when do we really say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

It's so great to finally find this group, earlier I was browsing through the post, & I could indeed say that anyone can share anything under the sun.. (',)

well here's my thing I'm in a situation where I wan't to end everything with my husband.  I've  been through hell w/ this guy I'm so sick and tired of dealing w/ his game and all. There are times that I just wan't to end my life to get it over w/. Some say I have this battered wife syndrome, or I'm just plain stupid to stick around and forgive him everytime he wants to come back to us since I have 2 kids to think of.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
iamcafemom83
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I think that to make a situation better, sometimes you have to pack up and move on. It sounds like you've been through a lot.
lytia21
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I think you need to do what is best for you and your kids. I dont' know how old they are but they are smart at every age and they know when mommy is not happy. You also have to think if you did something to yourself would you want your kids to be left alone with him?  Do what is best for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Do you write? When I started reading over my own journals and scraps, even letters I started and never sent, it hit home.
emjust2
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I can say I have been where you have been, I got out it was not easy to do. Be strong for your kids and ask for help when you feel weak.It takes alot out of you staying and really hurts the kids.You unfornately will always have games and moments you just want it all to stop. When you are in any abusive relationship the hardest thing is getting out. Family and friends think it is an easy choice it isn't. Just because you get out dosen't mean the problems are gone they just change. You need suport,counseling,people who have been through it to get out and stay out.You are much stronger then you think and you can do it.When you feel weakest think of this your protecting your children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:42 AM
A domestic violence counselor told me " there are a million reasons to stay, and very few to go". That made no sense til she began to talk about why we stay, then it made sense. You aren't stupid and sometimes you can't just leave. I would encourage you to call a domestic violence hotline for your area and they will help you. There are some great ladies on here with good advice. However this is something that requires time and expert help. They have free counseling and help if you need to leave. Dont be afraid to call them. I have gone through it and it was the best thing I ever did
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Sometimes you feel like there is no way to go but back, that is not the way, that's when you take everything you have inside of you and keep stepping, no matter what.
nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Maybe the two children are the reason why you should leave.
I know you are in a hard position. I wish you well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I refuse to waste even one of my very limited days here with an asshole that doesn't deserve me. I'd rather be alone. At least then you are open to find real happiness & love.

teaandcookies
by Katherine on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Everyone has their own threshold.  For me it was two yers, my bbf 17 years.  The dy will come when you can no longer look yourself in the mirror.  No matter what others say, no matter how logicial it is, nothing will change untill the day you decide you want a change.  I say this with all the love in the world.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)