Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate cops tonight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
In my town they have nothin better to do then randomly pull you over. I got pulled over for a crack in my windshield. My stupid car insurance just expired I don't have money to get any ( I don't have any extras no tv or anything just a phone that I have to have for work) So now I have to pay 150 for a ticket and 450 to get car insurance. O and it's due before I get paid
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
triforcechick
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Probably a DUI crackdown or something. My boyfriend is a cop and they have a quota they have to make for those. Sucks you got pulled over, but it is illegal not to have insurance. Hopefully something works out for you. I wish they'd pull over my ex husband. He hasn't had insurance for almost a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I know it is I just can't pay for it :(

Quoting triforcechick: Probably a DUI crackdown or something. My boyfriend is a cop and they have a quota they have to make for those. Sucks you got pulled over, but it is illegal not to have insurance. Hopefully something works out for you. I wish they'd pull over my ex husband. He hasn't had insurance for almost a year.
Kaitlin123
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:27 AM
Get liability insurance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM
They still charge me 100 a month for it I just can't pay it

Quoting Kaitlin123: Get liability insurance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Shouldn't be driving without insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:20 AM
***eyeroll*** Cops do not have quotas to make each month that's a myth! I come from a police family and always laugh when people say that SMDH As for OP....I recommend getting insurance as soon as possible. Remember, the longer you wait the higher the premium will be and the more risk you run of being in a serious accident while uninsured. Don't hate the police for doing their job and trying to keep the public safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:33 AM

A cracked windshield presents a visual impairment, so you getting pulled over was perfectly legit.

And it's your own fault for not having insurance, you're lucky they didn't tow your car. Heaven help you if you get into a car accident.

tmajma032408
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:42 AM
I def have insurance on my car but as of dec 31st my sticker expired and it will cost me 2500$ to get it inspected with repairs. I don't go driving around though just to work down the street, he'll, I need to make money for my family. But I'm with the others...HAVE Insurance!!!!
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Sorry but I'm with the others. No insurance? Take the bus until you can get it. You're lucky all you got wa a ticket.
chicklopez
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:05 AM

maybe you live in an area where they like to put in license tags and check if the car has insurance?

If they knew you didnt have it they probably made up the reason with the windshield. But you shouldnt have been driving if you didnt have it. You're lucky, in my area, being caught without insurance would mean paying for a tow fee, paying to get it out of impound, plus all the tickets and fees from being pulled over. 

Even after that you have to get into a program where you go to the DMV every month and they verify you have insurance. You pay a fee every month for 6 months. If your insurance lapses at any time, you start all over.  

It's pretty crazy. My coworker had to go through it with her husband when he was caught driving without insurance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)