Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get me off this bedrest!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

Nothing is getting done! my husband is a lazy b@stered who doesnt give 2 sh!ts about this house or anyone else in it. I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been on a bedrest watch (I like to call it that to piss off family) since just after Thanksgiving. I have asked my husband numerous times to do things so I am not getting up and doing them myself. NOPE. I still do it because he would rather not listen to me or my concerns. My soon to be 2nd sons room still has the airmattress up from last months visit from his parents, the Christmas tree that was asked to be taken down is still up, the christmas box is still on the dinning room table. My toddler is so confused as to where he is suppose to sleep since he has a crib AND a toddler bed in his room.

I have been doing everything I shouldnt and getting yelled at by family. My husband is playing it off like he does something when actually he doesnt. I know he needs to man up but I am not sure how to get a fire under his ass.

I ask him to do laundry and he just throws whatever clothes that are in the basket in the washer...doesnt bother to make sure that the whites arent getting mixed, or that the towels and jeans are balanced in the washer. I ask him to do dishes and he just puts them in the sink washing whatever he needs. We have a dishwasher!! It doesnt take more than a few minutes to unload and load the dishwasher.

If I get up to do laundry, dishes, cook clean whatever I start to have pain and then a few minutes later I start to spot from over doing. I just cant handle this anymore!!!!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Terpsichore
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Breathe, mama. Bedrest is your body's orders, your doctor is just interpreting them for you. Prioritize you, the baby, and the toddler for now. Food and rest, **** everything else.

Thoughts for the hubby, if any of this might work: direct him as he's doing it the first couple times. What is a "duh" for some people is not so obvious to others. Ask him to help you determine how to have your toddler looked after if it becomes necessary to spend the rest of your pregnancy in a hospital, which might happen if you can't keep off your feet at home. If there's family you can move in with until the baby arrives to handle the cooking/cleaning/helping with the toddler, consider asking them if they're on board with that for the sake of the baby.

chickadees
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Call a company like Merry Maids and make him PAY to have all the stuff done he should be doing.  Might get him off his ass.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I have and holy crap do they want alot of money for doing nothing. I have been to a few places that they have "cleaned" and wow. There was this one site I cant remember what it was called that you could have someone come in as much as you needed to but they wanted 10.00 hr and up. My place is toddler messy and husband messy but it isnt like 8 people live here and you cant walk on the floor so that whole $10 hr thing really was a turn off.

Quoting chickadees:

Call a company like Merry Maids and make him PAY to have all the stuff done he should be doing.  Might get him off his ass.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM

When family comes over unless it is my mom I still have to get off my butt to do things because they are lazy asses. I have to ask my mom to come over and leave my nephew at home so she can watch my son otherwise it is me watching my son and my nephew. Its twice the mess. Monday my mom stayed here with me which was so nice, she helped with the dishes and did some picking up. Last evening it was destroyed again. I looked at my husband like WTF you couldnt have cleaned after our son and I fell asleep at 7:30??

Quoting Terpsichore:

Breathe, mama. Bedrest is your body's orders, your doctor is just interpreting them for you. Prioritize you, the baby, and the toddler for now. Food and rest, **** everything else.

Thoughts for the hubby, if any of this might work: direct him as he's doing it the first couple times. What is a "duh" for some people is not so obvious to others. Ask him to help you determine how to have your toddler looked after if it becomes necessary to spend the rest of your pregnancy in a hospital, which might happen if you can't keep off your feet at home. If there's family you can move in with until the baby arrives to handle the cooking/cleaning/helping with the toddler, consider asking them if they're on board with that for the sake of the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)