Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My tattoos and piercings don't make me a bad parent!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  • 84 Replies
15 moms liked this
I take my kids with me every where I go. And every time without fail, I get the looks and the rude comments. Most people assume that bcuz I look a certain way, I'm a bad parent. But that is so not true! I love my kids. They are my life. Half of my tattoos are dedicated to them! Having tattoos and piercings and gauges doesn't make me neglect or abuse my kids. Talking to you lady at Walmart that was too busy mean muggin me and under your breath said "I can't believe she has children" when you thought I was out of hearing range and turned to find your own child touching a toy then back handed him upside the head bcuz you "specifically told [him] we were just looking at the toys". He is a kid! Kids play with toys! And what did you look like? Not a tattoo or piercing in sight. Perfect skin and blonde hair, dressed in white with cowgirl boots. You LOOKED like a nice person. Then you hit your kid in the middle of the toy section. Now I know I am far from perfect. Everyone makes mistakes especially when it comes to parenting, but I never hit my kids. EVER. All I'm saying here ladies is that things aren't always as they seem and we should look past physical appearances.
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed! I don't have any tattoos but I have my eyebrow peirced. I don't care what people think.You have tattoos and peircings than thats your buisness. You do it for yourself and feel great! Judgemental jerks need to take a look in the mirror cause thier shit stinks too!

krystalmaye2429
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree. I have about 9 tattoos and used to have 6 piercings(I took them all out a few years back). I get looks all the time, have comments made to me, and was even told I should be arrested for child abuse over my son's haircut(an adorable little mohawk). I do not even drink or go to bars. If I am not at work I have my kids and take wonderful care of them. It shows in them as well. 

People who judge me on my appearance are jokes anyways. I have learned to ignore them or be extra polite. I had a client at work who I talked to only on the phone for a few months and was wonderful to me, kind of step back when he finally came into the office and saw my tattoos, but once he realized I was the one he was talking to for all this time he changed his tune. 

I find in everyday life people with tattoos and piercings are the friendliest and least judgement people I have ever met. 

VivianElis89
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen. I have tattoos and quite a few piercings. I always get asked if I will allow my daughter when she reach a certain age if she will get any types of piercings or tattoos.

KikiB85
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Very true!
xanthe21
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Quoting krystalmaye2429:

I agree. I have about 9 tattoos and used to have 6 piercings(I took them all out a few years back). I get looks all the time, have comments made to me, and was even told I should be arrested for child abuse over my son's haircut(an adorable little mohawk). I do not even drink or go to bars. If I am not at work I have my kids and take wonderful care of them. It shows in them as well. 

People who judge me on my appearance are jokes anyways. I have learned to ignore them or be extra polite. I had a client at work who I talked to only on the phone for a few months and was wonderful to me, kind of step back when he finally came into the office and saw my tattoos, but once he realized I was the one he was talking to for all this time he changed his tune. 

I find in everyday life people with tattoos and piercings are the friendliest and least judgement people I have ever met. 

I think your sons hair is awesome! People give me crap about my son's hair too. I've never cut it besides trims and his hair is longer than most girls. People tell me I should cut his hair off like a real boys hair style otherwise he'll be gender confused or gay. And I'm like 1. Not your business. 2. So what if he does turn out to be gay. He's my son. And he's only 3!
MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I have tattoos, piercings, I dye my hair funky colors. My kids are always dressed very well & are very well behaved. My kids are my world. My tattoos & piercings do not make me a bad parent
cheetah90210
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:17 AM
I have tattoos and never get those looks i guess cause just about everyone here has something tattoo piercing or gold tooth
psych_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I have an undergrad in psychology with a focus in life coaching and minor in Christian counseling and I am working on my MA in Human Service Counseling. People are always shocked when I tell them that I have tattoos. I am considering getting a couple more, but I haven't decided what I want yet. To me they are personal and like you, I believe that they don't define who we are but instead represent parts of my life.

ja2010
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate the way the society is nowaday. People are so damn old fashion. People need to understand that half of tattoos people get are dedicated to family or friends. Not just drugs, sex, or partying or whatnot. Under all those tattoos and piercings is a wonderful mom/dad.

lacyd75_anew
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree 100%!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN