Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't feel I should pay half the rent when

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My roommate and her daughter use the living room as a bedroom. They have a bedroom but no tv, so there is now a toddler bed in the lr and the couch is also a bed for my roommate. She goes to bed at like 8 so I am confined to my room w my son. I work nights so 8 pm is like a midday to me. I can use the kitchen but she b*tches bc us leaving the room encourages her daughter to wake up. I can't wait for taxes so i can gtfo.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM
How did I publicly slam anyone
jessica1078
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Yes i agree that's a hard living situation- I personally couldn't do it. Unfortunately it sound like you are going to loose whatever is left of the friendship when you move.
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM
👆👆👆
Lmao!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I am assuming that person is a troll, my roommate doesn't have internet access lol
Christy1919
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Who is the main lease holder?
Christy1919
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If u moved in with her its her rules. If she moved in with you its more your rules. If you applied at the same time your shit out of luck in reguards to getting more but I'd tell her the living room is common space and not a bedroom so there for you wi 'll no longer hide in you room
Christy1919
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Set your sons bed up in the livingroom as well
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Could be worse..I had a roommate that booted me out of my own bed/bedroom so her boyfriends son could sleep in it. The boyfriend and his kid moved in and didn't pay a dime in rent for 4 of the 5 months i lived there. I slept on the sofa. He peed the bed every night. It was disgusting. I worked 2 jobs so I was only home from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. so she said its only right that he gets the bed since I wasn't getting home until late. I called my landlord and had my name removed from the lease (yes I was able to because her boyfriend was receiving mail there) and while she was at work took all of the furniture/dishes/tv/...basically everything except her bed with me because it was all mine.

My advice..talk to your landlord first. You may be stuck paying rent even if you move out, unless there is a clause in there that will let her sign off and take over the lease on her own.

ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Easy solution: Tell her you will be using all common areas of the apartment, as is your right, even after she goes to sleep. If that disturbs her sleep then she should use her BEDroom. Then follow through!
happynewyorker
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM

You have 2 choices:

1. you can save up and find another roommate and make sure to have rules written about living space.

2. You can speak to your roommate and explain that she has moved from one bedroom to a living room that's a space for all to share and not to sleep.  If the TV set is her's tell her to bring it to the bedroom. If it's yours bring it into your room. If you both purchased it, then it has to be shared.  then u have to mention the bathroom about hogging the bathroom.  Kitchen you have to make reference and remind her that if you pay 1/2 the rent that means u have use of the kitchen at any time.  Your sorry that ur waking her daughter up, but she should be in the bedroom and not in the living room. 

Better yet, go to Judge Judy. ha ha ha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)