Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i forgive and forget??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies
Our 13th wedding anniversary just past. Every year since we've been married we have always celebrated by having dinner at the same place we had our first date, except this last one which upset me. We had already made plans I had picked my outfit did my hair early so when it was dinner time we can just leave. We were watching tv and he says I'm starting to get hungry. I was filling out a job application online so I wanted to finish it first. 8 mins later I Said ok done u ready. He gets mad and says I told I was hungry awhile ago, now I'm hungry make something were not going anywhere! I was floored. I got up heated him a hot dog and went to bed upset and crying. I'm still upset he made me feel like ouraanniversary meant nothing if he didn't get his way. Lately he's been kissing my ass. Should I forgive and forget?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
6 moms liked this

Have a good long talk about this and try not to fight. Ask him not to say anything till you have your say.  When your dune say something like ok, what is your response or something like that so he knows it his turn. Depending on how he acts durning this talk will give you your answer.

Personal mine can never keep his mouth shut.  He start defending himself before I get a chance to make my case. So I tend to stay made at him longer.  I hope you the best of luck.

cat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
37 moms liked this

Hell no!  What a fuck!  I can't believe you made that asshole anything at all.  I would have bounced something off his head. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Mine is hard headed too. He's way of apologizing is being sweet. But I'm so mad still. We were thinking about renewing our vows but now I feel like saying what for!

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Have a good long talk about this and try not to fight. Ask him not to say anything till you have your say.  When your dune say something like ok, what is your response or something like that so he knows it his turn. Depending on how he acts durning this talk will give you your answer.

Personal mine can never keep his mouth shut.  He start defending himself before I get a chance to make my case. So I tend to stay made at him longer.  I hope you the best of luck.

cat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
He has a temper. Not like physically abusive but we'd have a fight that wouldve last all night.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell no!  What a fuck!  I can't believe you made that asshole anything at all.  I would have bounced something off his head. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM
6 moms liked this
You're overreacting. But dh and I can't remember our anniversary half the time so it's not as important to us. We just enjoy each others company at home or away.

But if he told me to make him something to eat he might see a backhand.

Quoting Anonymous: Mine is hard headed too. He's way of apologizing is being sweet. But I'm so mad still. We were thinking about renewing our vows but now I feel like saying what for!

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM
5 moms liked this
He knows he messes up. If you can, tell him what he did was uncalled for and is it possible to have a make up date?
Linda733
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:04 PM
8 moms liked this

Sure forgive and forget once he does something fabulous to make up for it. Also might I add I wouldn't have even made him a damn hot dog at that point! Sorry your anniversary was ruined honey. Hope he does something sweet for you :) 

Linda733
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM

He would have been mad at you and fought all night if you didn't go make him something to eat? Am I reading that right? 

Quoting Anonymous: He has a temper. Not like physically abusive but we'd have a fight that wouldve last all night.

Quoting Anonymous:

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this

If really wouldn't be that big of a deal to me.  Although I love my husband with all my heart our Anniversary isn't that big of a deal to me.  I would simply talk to him if it bothers you that much and then let it go.  This is really small in the big scheme of things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Yeah he sure would

Quoting Linda733:

He would have been mad at you and fought all night if you didn't go make him something to eat? Am I reading that right? 

Quoting Anonymous: He has a temper. Not like physically abusive but we'd have a fight that wouldve last all night.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)