Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ghosts

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anybody ever had any creepy, spooky, or scary experiences? I want to hear em! Bring me your ghost stories your encounters with the paranormal!
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I don't have any ghoulish stories, but I have seen a ghost standing right by my bed staring at me before as I slept, right after we moved into our house.  but I knew he was peaceful the minute I saw him, and I haven't seen him again.  I think he just wanted to meet the new people who are living in his home.

PJs35
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM
I've had weird experiences while doing investigations but haven't seen any ghosts since I was a kid so I'm not sure if that was real or not.
Skhart88
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Creepy was he just standing there? What did it look like? Weird experiences how??
bestauntie12
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I'd like to hear then,too. I haven't seen a ghost before(thankfully).

Chris030406
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Yes. Multiple. I recently joined the Haunted Realm group. Pretty cool and full of stories.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM
My husband was in a chemically induced coma, about 6 years before we met. We met at work and he was telling me about this dream he kept having of a woman who would sit and talk to him. He said he asked if he was going to die or make it out. She always replied saying it was not his time and smiled gently. He described my grandmother who had died that same year, and so the next day I brought her picture in. He turned white and agreed that was exactly who he saw in his dreams.
Ethereal77
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a near possession when my daughter was 2. I woke up and couldn't see. Hard a growling voice tell me, "you're mine!" I said, "no I'm not!" Then it said, "then your child will be mine!" So I said, " in the name of Jesus Christ, and by the power of God, get out of my house! You are not welcome here! Only light, love, and God will dwell in my home!" I heard a gutterall scream, suddenly saw a beam of light that ended up enveloping the darkness, and turned into thousands of doves. I blinked, looked at the time and it was 3 something in the morning. It was also around Halloween. Yes I slept with the tv on, but it was on a kids channel. I had a mental exam done. Perfectly sane. Never had it happen again.
slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM
When I was five, my grandma tended me while my mom worked. Grandma was a SAHW. One day, when it was so bright out we didn't need lights on in the house, I glanced down the hall and saw a huge silhouette of a man walk from her bathroom directly across the hall to her bedroom. I told her about it, but she insisted a TV must be on or something. Being so young, I was scared but curious, so I investigated; no TVs were on, the bathroom and the bedroom were both empty, and there was no reason to see a 3-D shadow in that location at that time.

Throughout my life in that house, many things happened. I was woken from a nap one day because all of my books flew off my shelf; rocking chairs would violently rock when no one was close to them; the vacuum would be left in the hall while grandma had a cigarette in between cleaning bedrooms and would turn on by itself; electronics refused to work sometimes in the back bedroom, though only at night (I even turned on a flashlight in the kitchen, walked back there, and it shut off and wouldn't come back on until I left the room).

Once, in the middle of the night, we had a chubby chihuahua that chased an elderly woman in a nightgown down the hall. Mom turned around in time to see the back half of the woman disappear into the living room, and Miranda (the dog) plunked her butt down in front of the room my mom was in, barking and staring right at something around the corner out of mom's sight. My grandpa came down the hall a few minutes later and asked mom, "What's she barking at?" Mom said, "I don't know. She followed mom into the living room but it's been a while and she still hasn't come out." Papa said, "Your mom's still asleep in bed."

My cousins and I assumed for the longest time that the elderly ghost was my great-grandma (Papa's mom) who had died in what became my room shortly after her passing. We eventually found out that all of our parents had seen this ghost even when they were kids, long before great-grandma had ever moved in here.

Many people - friends, family, and neighbors - have seen the old lady ghost. Over the years, we've figured out she has a specific path she repeats every time she appears: starting at the door to my old room, she walks down the hall, turns left into the living room, leaves through the front door, walks along the front walk to the driveway, and, from all we can figure, disappears behind a tree that hides the gap between the house and garage.

I haven't seen the silhouette since I was little, but "Grandma" has been seen many, many times. The house was built in the 30s and had only one family before my grandparents bought it. From what they can remember, it was a young couple that had bought the house shortly after construction and later decided to downgrade. They had no children or other relatives in the house, according to my grandma.
slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM
That's not even including crazy stuff that happened to me while ghost hunting or being in others' homes. Lol.
Skhart88
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Oh wow that's creepy! I love it lol. Tell me more...

Quoting slashteddy: That's not even including crazy stuff that happened to me while ghost hunting or being in others' homes. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)