Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Done With Facebook

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM
  • 33 Replies

I am just done with facebook. It's either stop using facebook or remove all my family members from my friend's list. I just got jumped on for some status updates I posted. I posted one about how high our light bill is and then another one about how I can't keep food in the fridge. I never ONCE mentioned a name. My mother in law is the one who first brought up a name.

So, I guess I am just done with facebook. It's like no matter what I do, I'm always getting screamed at. I am just tired. Why do I even bother caring?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Block anyone who you don't want to see your page. You can also change your settings.so only certain people can see what's posted.

Grnyann65
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I unfriended my daughter in law for being a shit starter.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM

That would make my father in law even more angry. What pisses me off is that he is threatening to kick me and my son out over stuff that is posted on FACEBOOK. I'm like, really?

Quoting offrdngal: Block anyone who you don't want to see your page. You can also change your settings.so only certain people can see what's posted.

CafeMom Tickers

offrdngal
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM
So, let him get mad. Yo can post whatever you want and you can block whomever you want. It's called freedom of speech and right to privacy. You and you husband need to get your place, or at least out of your fil's house.
Quoting JenniferMiller0:

That would make my father in law even more angry. What pisses me off is that he is threatening to kick me and my son out over stuff that is posted on FACEBOOK. I'm like, really?

Quoting offrdngal: Block anyone who you don't want to see your page. You can also change your settings.so only certain people can see what's posted.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I know. I have been begging my husband to save his money so we can get our own place.

Quoting offrdngal: So, let him get mad. Yo can post whatever you want and you can block whomever you want. It's called freedom of speech and right to privacy. You and you husband need to get your place, or at least out of your fil's house.
Quoting JenniferMiller0:

CafeMom Tickers

wondra
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Maybe just be more selective about what you post. You mentioned two negative posts, maybe that's why they reacted the way they did? I have a "friend" on Facebook who is constantly posting negative stuff and I've considered unfriending him because I find him annoying. It's a downer to only read negative comments all the time. Not sure if that is your case of course, only a different point of view.

PoisonEyeV
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I saw a meme once where it was something along the lines of...

you shouldn't post everything on Facebook, that's what they make journals for. Write it down instead.

Just because something happened in your life, doesn't mean you need to make it a FB status. Not everything needs to be publicly displayed.

Era5182
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:05 AM
You cannot friend family or inland that you aren't close to on "the 'book." Especially if you value your sanity...
hopeym23
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How would it make your FIL angry if you blocked what he sees?  He wouldn't know about it.  I pissed a few people off over certain things that I said in the past.  For example...I have a friend who can't get pregnant.  Whenever I would complain about my kids about some silly thing she woud always jump all over me that I should be grateful that I even have kids and all of this.  So now I just block her from those type of statuses.  Problem solved!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM

YOU live w/ them? 0.o.Maybe block them and than go find your own place. 

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)