Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I am just done with facebook. It's either stop using facebook or remove all my family members from my friend's list. I just got jumped on for some status updates I posted. I posted one about how high our light bill is and then another one about how I can't keep food in the fridge. I never ONCE mentioned a name. My mother in law is the one who first brought up a name.

So, I guess I am just done with facebook. It's like no matter what I do, I'm always getting screamed at. I am just tired. Why do I even bother caring?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
JTE11
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM

If FB is causing that much trouble for you then just close the account instead of trying to block some people and unfriend others. Just get rid of it all and nobody can get mad because they were excluded and you can keep your business private.  It's not necessary, it's not life, it's just FB. Close it out, and keep people who have no business in your business out of your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I got rid of my facebook a year ago. I don't miss it one bit!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Deactivate. I hate FB. I don't blame you for being annoyed. Or do like what others said and block or just post benign things that no one can get their panties in a bunch over. Our society is so voyeuristic these days, where everyone knows where and what everyone else is up to up to the very minute. Ugh. FB, twitter and IG are all the devil. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I deactivated, then reactivated 4 years later after being urged by a friend and I am seriously considering deactivating again. It is just one more thing to waste my time doing.

Quoting Anonymous: I got rid of my facebook a year ago. I don't miss it one bit!

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Delete them. 

sunnysideup89
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Well if it were me, I wouldnt be posting negative shit about myself..Facebook is a big fakey remember?

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I would but it is the ONLY way I have to connect to all my friends who live back in Georgia. I'm half considering making a new facebook account all together and simply Re-adding my friends on that facebook page and not tell my father in law or any of my annoying family members about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Deactivate. I hate FB. I don't blame you for being annoyed. Or do like what others said and block or just post benign things that no one can get their panties in a bunch over. Our society is so voyeuristic these days, where everyone knows where and what everyone else is up to up to the very minute. Ugh. FB, twitter and IG are all the devil. 

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, that would work! Sorry I didn't think to suggest it myself.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I would but it is the ONLY way I have to connect to all my friends who live back in Georgia. I'm half considering making a new facebook account all together and simply Re-adding my friends on that facebook page and not tell my father in law or any of my annoying family members about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Put all friends and family that annoy you into one group on FB. Then designate that group to only see certain messages.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting Anonymous:

~~"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." -Buddha~~

z00t1
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM
You might want to spell check and edit. You don't make sense.

Quoting Era5182: You cannot friend family or inland that you aren't close to on "the 'book." Especially if you value your sanity...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)