Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Flip Out If Your Son Wanted a Baby Doll Carrier?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 50 Replies

I was just reading a blog post over at I'm Super Mommy and I was curious, would this really flip you out in 2014? Would it cause an issue in your family? If you want to read it, here it is:
http://imsupermommy.com/baby-doll-carrier/

I was just curious if anyone would have an issue if their son wanted it. Personally, I think encouraging a young man to be nurturing is awesome. ☺

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Howardx5
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I made baby carriers for my girls for Christmas and my son uses my 1 year olds all the time. I see no problem
gowings42
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:25 PM

My brothers played with my barbies and dressed them when we were kids.  They even diapered my dolls.  I played with their trucks, and action figures, and what not.  I see no issue.

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am only allowed to have daughters. LoL. We have number 4 on the way. But if I had a son I wouldn't care what he wanted to play with. My DH wouldn't either. :)

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Would not b an issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM
No I wouldn't flip because his father and I moby him all the time. But it's irrelevant because we don't buy him baby dolls or Barbie dolls, so having a carrier would be more like a silly fashion statement.
TheFairest
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
No, boys can play dad too. Maybe if that idea wasn't so taboo there would be more stand up guys out there.
LoVeMyLiLjBuG
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

its not a big deal its just new to little boys.. my son played with his cousins i didnt see anything wrong with it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Bump for you! I have girls lol
debramommyof4
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I would not have a problem with it.  My husband might though.  But he would not really care that much.  Especially if we could find a blue one with a boy doll.

anashadow
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont really have an issue with him playing with a doll carrier, or most girls toys really, i would just never actually buy a girls toy for him. I did buy him his own gender nuetral play kitchen though! and he loves it, and my boyfriend is the one saying i bought him a girly toy -_- whatever, he likes it and guys can cook too lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)