Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

12 yr old niece on birthcontrol??? Good idea or bad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 546 Replies
7 moms liked this
my sister and i just found some notes that my twelve year old niece wrote with dates of all the times shes had sex with her boyfriend...She has been supposedly staying fpr tutorials but i suspected otherwise Im in shock as well as my sister i have been suggesting birthcontrol to my sisyer for a while because my niece is a very beautiful young girl and i want the best for her but my sister thinks this will only encourage her . I think if she stays involved in her life and keeps her busy in sports shell learn responsiblity ....any suggestions this is such a young age im in horror to even be talking about this....but everyones advice will really help me cope with whats best
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honey_Comb
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:09 PM
62 moms liked this
If she's having sex then birth control is a VERY good idea. I am not condoning a 12yr old having sex but if its reality safety is number 1. So BC and condoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:10 PM
6 moms liked this
No if she wants sex she will with or without bc! My parents had the same view....now im 21 with 2 kids and expecting another in aug. Still havent learned have I!? Ugh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
74 moms liked this

Hell no! She would be grounded to an empty room. I'd call her bf's parents & tell them as well. I'd also seek counseling, 12 is young to be sexually active. Where is her father? 

*Please do not quote me if you were sexually active at 12 &/or think this is normal. Make your own reply. It's disturbing, disheartening & I completely disagree with you. Thank You

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ew
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Hell no! She would be grounded to an empty room. I'd call her bf's parents & tell them as well. I'd also seek counseling, 12 is young to be sexual active. Where is her father? 

My sisters husband which is her stepfather is at work as ive said we just found this morning ...im probably closer to my niece than her parents that is why my sister called me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
16 moms liked this

Where is her BD? An involved caring bio dad is helpful right about now. Even if she has an awesome step dad. You should encourage her to focus on school & grades, not boys & sex. Beauty fades & dumb is forever. So are babies.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Anonymous:

Hell no! She would be grounded to an empty room. I'd call her bf's parents & tell them as well. I'd also seek counseling, 12 is young to be sexual active. Where is her father? 

My sisters husband which is her stepfather is at work as ive said we just found this morning ...im probably closer to my niece than her parents that is why my sister called me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM
11 moms liked this
Let's forget parenting. Give them birth control and let them do as they please. No wonder we have so many poor teen parents.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM
13 moms liked this

BC and some therapy.  A 12 year old having sex has most likely been exposed to something she shouldnt have, like seeing adults act badly or she has been molested.  

Boobear110
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM
7 moms liked this

Not only would she be on BC she would probably be grounded for the rest of her life. She needs therapy. Something is seriously wrong with a 12YO not only have sex but having sex multiple times. 

Your sister has got to be going crazy right about now. 

What does Dad say? 

Good luck. 

JaimieP
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
19 moms liked this

I wasn't sexually active till I was 21, but I was on BC..the pill...from 12 on because of cramps, shortened periods, acne management and endometriosis.   12 isn't too young, especially if she's sexually active.  I went to school with a girl that gave birth at 13, you don't want that to be your niece.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN