Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHOAS ME!!! SELF-INDULDGING PITY PARTY!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Needing to vent....Broke ankle (both sides) and tore ligaments and tendons.  Required surgery, cast and am now wheelchair bound.  It has been 8 weeks since my fall and I am feeling like a prisoner in my own home and in my own body!!!  I did get my cast off! YEAH!!! But the air boot is so uncomfortable.  Still non weight bearing for two more weeks then following up with PT.  I did not realize how much I took for granted good health the the ability to be independent and mobile.  Seems everything hits at once.  My father died two years ago, I've had 6 surgerys in last 3 years, ended relationships with toxic/alcoholic family members but still miss them terribly.  Life is so unpredictable.  So easy to get bogged down but trying to be thankful for many blessings.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Woe is me.
Whoa is me ?
Are you telling us the truth here ?
Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Absolutely, I don't have it in me to make this up.  Thanks for spelling correction.  Should have been woe is me.  Like I said life is unpredictable and I needed to vent.  

Sierica
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Hope things get on the upswing soon. There is however ALWAYS something to be thankful for. This is to shall pass. Glad your not paralyzed forever
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Thank you and yes they are.  Today was a much better.  Thankful for my children husband for putting up with me these last two months.  I am blessed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)