Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal or Strange *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Is it normal to want your boyfriend to dump you? Let me explain. I have been trying to dump my boyfriend. But he wouldnt let me. So i did some things so he would dump me instead. Is that normal? If you wanted to dump somebody. Would you just dump him? Or do something 4 him 2 dump you?

Update

Well what i mean by it is. He continues to call me. He hangs out around my house. He wont let me break up with him. I have dated plenty of men. And i have dumped many. And NONE have behaved like him. I guess some have never experience it. But it the way it is. Thanks 4 the ones who gave geninue advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM
10 moms liked this

Maybe when I was a teen I would have done things to split up with a guy but im a grown woman now.  I just would break up with the guy.  If he didnt respect that it was over I would get a restraining order.  There is no such thing as "wouldnt let me dump him" unless he is stalking you, which is a crime.

Perle1
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just break up with him. As the other poster says, if he stalks you involve the police. It is a pretty immature way of dealing with a relationship to try to incite a break up. Just dump him and be done with it.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I'd straight up dump the guy and there would be no 'not letting me dump him'.  I'd give his shit back to him, change the lock on my door and block all calls and tell him that we were over and if he continued to contact me, I'd get a restraining order for harassment.

Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just tell "hey,look, it's not working out and I thinkg we should see other people." just be clear that you want the realationship over with or you JUST want to be friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM

i tried to dump a woman  was friends with. She fought to save the relationship so I annoyed her to the point she avoids me.  We are in our forties but she refuses to be dumped.

gangof6
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

When I was very unhappily married. I would pray everyday for him to fall in love with another women. Sounds messed up but I didn't want to be the one to split my family up. It never happened though, so i filed for a divorce after 6 years of waiting. I don't think its normal though. I had three kids with him and we were married. Just do it if your not happy. What do you have to lose?

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM

um.. just dump him... tell him to hit the road.. whats so hard about that? If he's living with you.. tell him its over and he's out.

sunnysideup89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not being strong enough with your words. Say hey buddy, 5 words "I'm breaking up with you" and done. He's controlling you by saying oh no you're not. Do you like that feeling?

sunnysideup89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Why is it always" we should see other people"?? No don't say that! Get over him first THEN you MIGHT meet someone sheesh

JTE11
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'd just dump him, without the BS. I don't understand how he could not 'let' you break up with him. If you're done with him you're done with him. He can't be with you if you're not with him. Just tell him it's over, and that this is the end, and if he keeps pestering you you'll have to take it as stalking and follow up from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)