Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Upset over Prenatal Visit

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM
  • 3 Replies
Well, a lot has changed by getting an ultrasound...
Even though I know the first day of my last period & the day we had sex, the ultrasound told me:
I am 6 weeks 3 days (instead of the 8 weeks they told me I was at the intake yesterday!)
139-141 beats per minute
Due -9/27/14.

MY stress is high, meaning all the things I have going on. My mother is dying of stage 4 lung cancer in NYC (i dont live there anymore), i was served court papers stating my father is going to be evicted from his assisted living facility in 24 days... I think that is too much for a person who is not pregnant! Plus, i have been traveling every 2 weeks to spend time with my mother. Since I found out I was pregnant, I havent gone to see, because Im trying to preserve my strength & health to protect this little life that I want so desperately & never thought would happen. We have been trying for 4 years. But over the weekend my mother has stopped eating & drinking....
I feel that now that I know I can make smarter decisions for myself, the lil bugger in there, my family, and do my very best to hold my mothers hand as she leaves me forever.
A side note... Pushing to see the ob today, also revealed that I have hypo thyroid, must start medicine tomorrow for what they say is the rest of my life. And I have been so sick for weeks, they gave me zofran. Were they really going to wait another 2 weeks to tell me about my thyroid? On the 17th they were going to do the maternity 21 test, but Im only going to be 8 weeks? Having this ultrasound now has given clarity to how far along I am. And i feel i can make better choices.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Just bc you have hypo thyroidism right now while pregnant doesn't mean you'll have it forever. Alot of people get it when pregnant and usually goes away after pregnancy. I ended up with hyper thyroidism after my second son and I will have it the rest of my life. Just make sure you take pills as prescribed! They will also make you feel better.

***good luck to you and baby***
nurse1997
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Take a chill pill u are not the first woman to have a baby unless u r high risk u should be ok! Your mom is in the last stages of life except there to be ups and downs . 2 weeks out for your thyroid is ok for the meds if it had happened just relax if U lose this baby it will beause of all the stress U  are putting on your self !  

HopeAlive
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh friend, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your mom, everything going on, and the stress you're feeling from it all! That doesn't sound easy... Do you have some friends or family nearby who can help you out?

And congratulations on your pregnancy!! I know this is rough timing, but it is definitely wonderful news, and I know that little one will be such a blessing to you and your family... and they've already got a great mama! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)