Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It makes me want to scream!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • 18 Replies

DH's aunt always refers to DD as "my baby" and never by her name.  Whenever she calls it's, "How's my baby?" or, "Let me talk to my baby!"  DD just turned a year old, she can't talk and she just stares at the phone if you try to hold it to her ear.  I don't quite know why, but those two things drive me batty!  

Do you have any weird pet peeves?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
My df calls his 7 year old 'the baby' it drives me nuts. I don't know why. But now it's going to make me nuttier bc we are having a baby (Friday actually lol) so he's going to have to stop calling her the baby bc she won't be any more lol and it's going to confuse the hell out of me. I can just picture the conversations and me being soo confused lol. Also he calls her binky. But i call pacifiers binky. Lol so we shall see.

My mom always asks about 'her babies' but it doesn't bother me. My babies tho are 7 and almost 9 lol. So it's my babies or my lil girl/boy. Her and my gma are really the only ones that do it and it's not overly done. I'm sure some point with this new baby some one will drive me nuts with it.
arsjncmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
My pet peeve is when I am in the middle of correcting one of my kid's behavior and someone else (mostly it's extended family....ok....namely my boyfriend's childless sister) interrupts me by trying to also correct them. It's annoying and confuses my kids. If I am standing there saying something already, it bugs me when she tries to talk over me.
mommy20122013ce
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM

my mother in law does that to!!! my oldest boy is almost 15months now and since birth she has called him "her baby".....i dont say anything to her but it drives me nuts...like no its MY baby! lol like i said i just let it slide but glad to know im not the only one whose family does this and it drives them crazy!

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
5 moms liked this

I have an 18 year old daughter who is gay.  When people find out they tell me its a phase in college and that I shouldnt worry.  1- I consider her an adult and I know she is gay.  She will always be gay and always has been, she was born that way.  2- Im not any more worried about it than I am worried about her having hazel eyes.  Shes gay, not dying of cancer. 

Butterfly1108
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Yes...I do...I am a school bus driver and for some reason I hate hearing the dispatch radio go on and on about who will be  riding and who is not and sometimes it comes with a lot of static and and and ugh!!!!

The only reason I have to have it on is incase they call me but they usually deal with Sp. Ed. Routes.

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM

that would drive me nuts too.. I would have already said 1, she's not your baby and 2, she has a name...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom is nuts she calls my unborn son her cheese man ...
dawnrothbaum
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM

My biggest that comes to mind is my aunt referring to me as 'mommy' when my kids are around. An example would be when I make dinner she might say "oh, this is so delicious, mommy. It's wonderful that you cooked such a delicious meal for us mommy." My boys are 8 & 9. It's so ridiculous, my kids will look at me like WTF? And she also tells me kids they should do certain things for/with her because it will make her husband happy. He's been dead 3 years. My kids do not want to spend time with her.

leila11
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM

my mother in law calls my daughter MY baby since birth,and ANUSHKA is her indian name,I am white australian and called her Ally...Yep..hate that shit...but shes given us alot of space lately.. I did have a teary day where I thought it was nice that she cares so much and is possesive of sorts just in case anything happened to me...I love my daughter and I think they would be there for her if anything occured...xx

mamer12812
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Yeah the same one you have lol my baby "father" does the samething drives me nuts!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)