Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trust issues

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

How do you trust someone you love when youve been burned in the past? I am struggling and I dont want to jeapordize my current relationship becasue I am having trouble with this trust.  He has never given me reason not to and for the most part I do trust him but sometimes i get insecure on it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DesignerMom22
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Take it slow. Take it at your own pace. I'm sorry you've been hurt. 

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM

If you can't do it on your own get professional help. Hugs hoping you can figure it out. Here's the thing. He hasn't done anything wrong. You have to separate him from the one before. Otherwise you will lose him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Everyone is different. You can't assume that every person you come across is going to be a jerk. Some people lie and that's life. Sure you could go to a counselor, but that may not work. For me it made things more confusing. If someone gives me a reason to doubt them i will, if not then i don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

very true.  its really hard for me to not assume that all guys arent going to be jerks, but I guess I have to let someone in sooner or later or I wont get past this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM
You need to seek therapy. I have the same issue it won't get better on it's own. You need to face what happened before him so you don't accuse him of it. I am going for myself and for my family (:
I've only went once but I look forward to going again you know? It's great to work on your issues with someone outside the box. If he loves you he will stick through it and understand. But being that they are this issues in the first place be careful. He will only take so much for so long. It is completely unfair to blame a new love or accuse them. You also deserve to be secure and comfortable being you. Therapy will get you there you'll feel so much better! Trust me!
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM

then thats not a trust issue.. thats an insecurity issue... If he's never given you a reason not to trust him and you don't.. its somethin you need to work on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM

i've never blamed him or accused him. I've simply stated i have issues on the matter but internally have been having a hard time.  It comes and goes.  He is auper wonderful and I dont want to ruin this. Any tips on building security within myself?

sunnysideup89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I'll never trust anyone, ever, so looks like Ill be single forever, so can't help you there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)