Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a vent please ignore I just need to get it off my chest.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Will this crap never end or does this mean i am gaining control of this bull$%^. 

I really hope the doctor is right and this crap is gone by August otherwise i am never going to get to live on my own again. I tend to get on coming rushes of dizzy spells if i move too fast I've been training my body so that when ever i feel one coming on I take a knee to the floor and call for help if DS is near me, so someone can keep and eye on him. 

I lift DS up to the sink counter like i do every night so he can brush his teeth with me. There is a chair in the bathroom since i often need to sit down so often but i don't want to be too far from the sink so i can still have a clear veiw of what he is doing and have a hand near him. DS said "all done. cheese." He shows off his teeth to show he is done. I get up take a step closer to the counter went to reach my arms around him saw his hands go out to wrap around me started to feel something . . . and that was it. This was the first time there was even a second of memory loss and the whole room went black.

Usually the room just gets blurry and I close my eyes kneel and wait for it to pass. I woke both my knees were on the floor my body was somewhat on DS and my hands were behind his head. My father was pulling my shoulder to get me off DS and he was laughing as my father helped me sit up in the chair and DS said "that was fun" I just want to cry. My father and I exchanged breif reassurances all is fine and this soon shall pass.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Do you have a heart problem? That is what it sounds like.  There is a condition called POTS that sounds very much like what you are experiencing.  If you are not seeing a cardiologist, please go visit one soon.

Feel better soon.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM

No I had a junk of unwanted matter build up in my head for 3 years to the size of 2 golf balls. The Doc said this is just my brain balancing back out and everytime i go in for my follow up appointment he says how amazing i'm doing and that i am recovering twice as fast as most but it still pisses me off i'm such a threat to DS

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

oh momma.  dang

SueSahara
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Mama congrats on the recovery please don't beat yourself up even in your temporary diminished state you still had the wherewithal to protect his head. It seems like you have a lot of support so take it easy and don't worry about him so much the stress can't be good for you. The fact that your ds thought you guys were playing and having fun shows that he is ok 

GloryDaze
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm confused by your statement.... I really hope the doctor is right and this crap is gone by August

What exactly did your doctor tell you about your symptoms? Why did he/she say this will be gone by August?

Dizzyness/lightheadedness/passing out can be the symptom of many medical causes. You really need a thorough check up.

It could be due to bleeding in the intestinal tract, thyroid imbalance, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high or low glucose levels, inner ear infections, et cetera....

When you become dizzy... what happens exactly? Does the room go black (as if you're blind)? If the room goes black - do you see colorful spots dancing infront of your eyes in the blackness?  Or - if you are able to see the room - is the room spinning or do you feel like you are moving even though you're still?

Do you pass out or remain conscious? If you didn't go down on your knees or lay down when you start to feel dizzy - do you think you would pass out?

If you answered yes to much of these, it may be neurological disorder. You should request a Nylen - Barany test and Electronystagmography test to start. Also have them test your glucose levels and blood pressure.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I will certainly look into that. The Neurosurgeon that initially took out the calcium deposits in Aug 2013 said the blurred vision, hearing loss, and loss of feeling in my legs would last the first 6 months so he recommended not driving. He also said the brain matter would still try and balance out and compensate for the hole until roughly Aug 2014. 

As of now my last 2 visits were to my primary care physician who did blood test and a CT Scan then read the numbers went over my symptoms and said i was GOOD.

As for the dizzy spells they always felt as if the room was spinning and ioften felt as if i was actively or going to fall down. One time i was talking to my dad he was looking at my face when i stood up and even though the room spun and i felt like i was fallinf he said I swayed a tiny bit but the only thing that happened was my pupils got smaller. So from then on I just started taking a knee every time so that i was in control if i went down. This was the first time the room went black and there was a loss of memory. 

Quoting GloryDaze:

I'm confused by your statement.... I really hope the doctor is right and this crap is gone by August

What exactly did your doctor tell you about your symptoms? Why did he/she say this will be gone by August?

Dizzyness/lightheadedness/passing out can be the symptom of many medical causes. You really need a thorough check up.

It could be due to bleeding in the intestinal tract, thyroid imbalance, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high or low glucose levels, inner ear infections, et cetera....

When you become dizzy... what happens exactly? Does the room go black (as if you're blind)? If the room goes black - do you see colorful spots dancing infront of your eyes in the blackness?  Or - if you are able to see the room - is the room spinning or do you feel like you are moving even though you're still?

Do you pass out or remain conscious? If you didn't go down on your knees or lay down when you start to feel dizzy - do you think you would pass out?

If you answered yes to much of these, it may be neurological disorder. You should request a Nylen - Barany test and Electronystagmography test to start. Also have them test your glucose levels and blood pressure.

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh girl, how frustrating. Hope you heal soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)