Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm such a freaking loser

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:14 AM
  • 34 Replies

I was supposed to meet a friend tomorrow for coffee. I logged on to Facebook a few minutes ago and the first thing I saw was a message from her saying something came up and she won't be able to make it. The last post on my feed was another girl saying " I get to see soandso tomorrow yay!!!!!!!"

I don't get it. Hanging out was her idea. She's been saying we should get together for over a month and she finally picked a day. And this happens all the time ....or at least used to because I've cut ties with most of the 'friends' I had. I don't mind having friends that are too busy to hang out with me. What bothers me is when they insist we hang out, and bail on me at the last minute with some petty excuse.

I wish someone would just be honest and tell me why. Do I smell? Do I spit when I talk? Do I talk too much? Not enough?

When I see someone I know I usually keep walking unless they approach me. And I never say we should hang out. When they say we should I give them plenty of opportunities to back out. So why does everyone INSIST we hang out, amd then bail on me? I just don't get it.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 AM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, that sucks.  My mom had plans with my daughter recently.  Mom canceled but then posted pics of her fun night out on facebook.  My dd was really hurt.  People should think before they do things like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

This happens to me and DH all the time, I really say the only friends I have are my sister and family..No one follows through with anything. Anything we try to do, A night out, I may get ahold of "friends" and either they come out for one night and then I don't see them for over a year or they say they are busy. I hafta say that people are just unreliable anymore. I don't think THAT many people don't like us. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM
4 moms liked this
I would call her out on it. I hate people like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I get the 'friends' that only insist we hang out when they want something.. or we'll get together and it's like I'm talking to a wall. I've dropped alot of them, not the kind of friend I want.
Just forget about her. Or start doing it to them! Lmao that would be hilarious. Instead of just walking by next time you see someone, just stop, chat a bit about randomness, tell them they should come over for dinner or something then cancel day of via txt or fb msg. :) I'm a bitch like that though. Lol
jessica1078
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I had friends like that too and I know it sucks. Hugs
m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Happends to me all the time . Or so called friends will make plans in front of me and not invite me.
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Is your daughter old enough to be on Facebook? Either way, must have been hurt that grandma didn't show up, I'm sorry.

Quoting lulalacroix:

Yeah, that sucks.  My mom had plans with my daughter recently.  Mom canceled but then posted pics of her fun night out on facebook.  My dd was really hurt.  People should think before they do things like this.

RitaTequila531
by Hush.Breathe.Relax on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM
This

No way would I torture myself wondering what went wrong when I can just respectfully approach said "friend"

Quoting Anonymous: I would call her out on it. I hate people like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Well I guess I'm a bitch too. I'm starting to think the only reason she made solid plans was because I mentioned her birthday present......which just turned into my Valentine. I think I just won't make an effort to see her again. And if the present comes up, I'll tell her the truth.

Quoting Anonymous: I get the 'friends' that only insist we hang out when they want something.. or we'll get together and it's like I'm talking to a wall. I've dropped alot of them, not the kind of friend I want.
Just forget about her. Or start doing it to them! Lmao that would be hilarious. Instead of just walking by next time you see someone, just stop, chat a bit about randomness, tell them they should come over for dinner or something then cancel day of via txt or fb msg. :) I'm a bitch like that though. Lol

TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Thank you

Quoting jessica1078: I had friends like that too and I know it sucks. Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)