Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life with my newborn is fun, enlightening, strengthening, loving....and a little bit boring

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son is one month old and it's been an amazing month. I love being a mother and watching him grow every day. I haven't decided if Ill go back to work or not in a few months. I'm waiting to see how he and I feel come the time. One thing I'm struggling with lately is boredom. I wouldn't go back to work now because I'm breastfeeding and I can't stand to be away from him for more than 45 minutes but I get pretty bored sometimes. Do any other moms get bored of being being in the house all day? I hope so. Hearing your thoughts on this would really help relieve some guilt I have that I know is unnecessary. I'm sure there are others of you who have felt this way at some time or another. advice?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM
2 moms liked this

These boring times won't last for long.  Just wait till he is crawling, walking, then running all over the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I have 2 boys...a 15month old who runs around all the time and a 3month old who doesnt do much yet lol and i still get bored. My older boy likes to do his own thing very independent and my little one i do tummy time with and stuff but like i said he doesnt do much yet. when i had my first i thought i would go crazy not being able to leave the house and didnt know what to do with myself when he slept. i just play phone games or go on fb to help occupy my time. but ur not the only one lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Don't worry, imo, the newborn stage is the 'boring' part and it doesn't last long.

Sister_Someone
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I got bored of sitting with my newborn by the third week. I had no objection when I ran out of money at the end of the fourth week and had to go back to work. The harsh truth is that babies just aren't that interesting. Spend an hour with them and you've seen it all.

The boring stage doesn't last long though. Just wait until he starts crawling and you can't keep him out of stuff, that won't be boring at all, I can promise you that.

Terpsichore
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Yes, I was bored too. I found that writing a "Today's News" email to family (or even in a journal) alleviated some of that boredom. 

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Hmmm maybe a hobby is in order? Have friends over? Read, watch tv, crochet? Start a baby book. 

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM

1 month old 22 hours a day....

3 months old for hours at a time.  They get less boring!

newbieann
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I used to get soooooo bored. I was a social butterfly at work. But now my son is 6 months, so he interacts a lot more. It can still get boring at times because I miss adult conversation. But for me, I don't want anyone raising him, baby sitting yes. But I want to be with him all day. 

It's not for everyone. Some moms need to be away to miss their baby. Do what works best for you two. Good luck mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM
It's only temporary :) my girls are 3 and 7 months old now, and there's just no time to be bored anymore! It's also harder to get out as often in the winter.
mysticatgal
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Yes. My 1 year old is super independent but the newborn stage is quiet. It balances the moments of craziness when a million chores are waiting for the baby to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)