Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenagers smoking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My 16 year old daughter's boyfriend has been smoking with his parents permission for the past few months and my daughter doesn't smoke.  Yesterday her bf was over and asked me for a cigarette.  I gave him one but felt uncomfortable doing it although I know his parents let him.  Do your teens smoke or have friends that smoke and do you allow them to do it at your house? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband and I used to smoke...my kids are still very young but when they are teens there will be no smoking at our house...them or their friends. I dont care if they have their parents permission or not...my rule will be no smoking....just me. Also if i did still smoke i wouldnt have given any out...if they think they are old enough to smoke than they can get their own and not from me lol

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM
My oldest son smokes, other kids no.
KawfeeKathy63
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I have two that started young.  No I wasn't happy at all about it but as a smoker I know how hard it is to quit once you are hooked.  Both have a couple friends that smoke but most of their friends are non smokers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would you be dumb as hell enough to give that idiot kid one. You are a parent!...Not a friend! Thats just stupid as hell

newbieann
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

If they are over 18 I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't want them to, but they are going to do it anyhow soon as they leave the house to go some where.

Leigh84
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

hell..no..

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely NOT give him cigarettes.  And it's disrespectful for him to smoke around you all.  If I saw him smoking, I would tell him it's illegal and to put out the cigarette.

I know this is harsh and doesn't make me the "cool" mom.  But we aren't here, as parents, to be cool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM

I smoke but never smoke inside my house or vehicle as even as a smoker I'm well aware of the lingering smell/odor cigarettes leave & I don't want my house and furnishings smelling like one huge stale dirty ashtray. As for smoking teens/boyfriends or girlfriends asking me for a cigarette, no way in hell would I give them one. If they want to smoke they can find a way to earn the money to buy their own smokes & if they showed up at my home with cigarettes and wanted to smoke one, they'd be told to take it outside. 

godsgirl26
by ♡Charmaine♡ on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No and I wouldnt allow my kids to be friends with someone that smokes.

Why would you give that kid a cigarette?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaandcookies
by Katherine on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:11 PM

bad on your part.  Here is you give a minor a cigarette its a fine of 2000 and if you buy them 20,000.  I would just say that from now on he may not smoke in your home.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)