Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! How do sahm/college moms do it?! (Vent/Advice post!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

OMG! I feel so crazy anymore! for weeks now everything has been just bat shit crazy! I go non-stop really from morning til night... I get up early most mornings and don't go to bed til late at night, most nights after mid-night. And I swear I feel like my hell of a life is getting to me. All I do is take care of kids do house work and try and do college work, but the thing is that my college work ALWAYS comes last, like if i have time every day after fam and house is taken care of then i get to college work otherwise i'm very late at the end of the week playing catch up. I feel so stressed i don't even think i can put it into words right now exactly how i feel i just wish that i could some good time management skills from someone, because i just feel crazy that's how much i do and am always going, i swear the only time i get for myself is when i'm asleep, or going to sleep at night... I don't know what to do anymore... I could go on and on but i see no point at this point, so i'll go for now but i might be back later to add more venting to this post...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM
When its over and your graduated you wont care how it was done....just that it was done at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Well yeah i See your point but at the same time I want to be sure that I can idk how do you say it, that i can do what i set out to do and if i'm not 100% sure of myself then that adds more stress to me... but life goes on anyway i suppose...

Quoting Anonymous: When its over and your graduated you wont care how it was done....just that it was done at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I only know cause i did it.
Single mom (with an add diagnosis) whom achieved an m.ed. degree. if i can do it....you can do it!
And it was helllll!
kennas-mama13
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I just wanna say I know exactly where you're coming from so if you want/need someone to talk to you can message me!
Pnukey
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked FT and went to school FT with a baby, and 5 years later, did it again with a 5 year old and a 3 month old, still working FT.

How? DH was awesome and did a lot of the housework and child care. Put your man to work!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Lol! Well See dh will now do house work all day long now since he's lost his job, but getting him to help with even one of the kids, like looking after jr or changing a diaper anything that is not breastfeeding the baby, well that's near impossible, i mean it would totaly be easyer and quicker to just do it myself than to fight with him to do it... Always having to do something for one of the kids is one of the main things that stresses me out anymore... I mean there is just never enough time in the day for everything that needs to or should be done... (thinking about it all makes me feel like a bad person. Maybe i'm over reacting but idk anymore)

Quoting Pnukey:

I worked FT and went to school FT with a baby, and 5 years later, did it again with a 5 year old and a 3 month old, still working FT.

How? DH was awesome and did a lot of the housework and child care. Put your man to work!

Tay06
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:01 AM

School is easy for me.  My son is what is hard.  He's so HYPER and he's not one of those kids that plays by himself.  School work is like a relief for me.  I'm working on my master's degree right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

lol. is there a dislike button hidding somewhere? I swear I wish there was.

Ya know I already feel totally crazy as it is, i mean i feel like i stress out to the point where i worry that i'm stressing out to much and making it all seem worse than it is, but I don't know how to relax anymore at all...

But yeah everything was ten times easyer before I had the baby, a lot is easyer with just one kid(my fault i know but still i'm just stating facts jack) ....

Quoting Tay06:

School is easy for me.  My son is what is hard.  He's so HYPER and he's not one of those kids that plays by himself.  School work is like a relief for me.  I'm working on my master's degree right now.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I wish I had wisdom for you. I'm finishing my last semester of college before my BS degree and its been like that the whole way.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Just grin and bear it and make it through. If you have the will to make it through nothing will be able to stop you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)