Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

texts from male emoloyees

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yea I'm livid this morning. I've woken up since Saturday
Morning to to text from a male emoloyee talking about "baby I love you, I really need to talk to you "etc etc etc. Do i know this person yes? Anything going on ? Nope. Wht does this person have my number? Bc im on call 1wk out the month. I got asked if i was happy in my marriage......my response......yes very much, why ask me that? Answer: bc your the girl for me.

Who does that????? Idk if i should tell my husband just yet or try dealing with it myself c
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM
12 moms liked this
Contact hr or your supervisor
Serabeth06
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:33 AM
6 moms liked this

Contact your HR person and forward the texts to your supervisor. That's sexual harassment.

mcknitro
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We just did our sexual harassment class last week. Go to your supervisor because that is sexual harassment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I would let DH know, if you aren't open and up front things could get really bad really fast.  I would also report him to your boss, especially if you have asked this guy to stop.  It can be considered harrassment.

m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yes definetly tell your dh. And i agree with the other ladies contact hr or your supervisor.
m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yes definetly tell your dh. And i agree with the other ladies contact hr or your supervisor.
Momofmenagerie
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Sexual harassment , supervisor/ HR ASAP
You have proof right there in the palm of your hand!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM
This particular person may potentially be let go after speaking with my D.O.N. I saved the texts and my responses to them. Some of those texts were creepy. I will tell DH tonight.
squeekers
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM

text back, "UM, I think you have the wrong cell phone buddy."

someone tried that BS with my teenager's cell to the point that we had to go to the Sheriff's office to see if they could stop the harassment. they contacted the fella, we blocked his number and after 6 months, he stopped writing her cell, finally.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Tell your husband.  This man is unbalanced and you never know what HE will tell your husband.  Let your husband know that he should come to your work to take you to lunch but he should not confront the crazy man.  If the man happens to be around go ahead and introduce them and it would be appropriate for your husband to say something like, "yeah Ive heard about you." but show him a confident strength by not getting angry.

Call HR and make a report as well but you need to also tell the man to never text you again unless it relates to work.  Its not harassment unless you have told him you are not interested at least once. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)