Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

the pharmacists went nuts!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
I called to pick up my Meds. One.was dilantin ( I take 500mg) for.seizures only..I also take.seroquel 600 mg. The pharmacist started asking me questions. Keep in mind theses meds.are.not a narcotic . I am also on Xanax( plenty of.that now) and.norco.which was one one I was trying to get..pharmacist started on me.about my non marcostics.he.has.me.why I was taking.them. I told.him look I've been on my seizure meds for so long (over 3 yts) then he asked me what I was using norco for. I have 2 compressed.disks on my back after falling so much when having my seizures. I go to one dr only. He has been my dr for.a long time..d the pharmacist also said.my dr is not.a dr
He.asked.me.if.o knew.whey.seroquel did with dilantin..I said yes to keep me.from.having.seizures. he told me.no they cut it up and its a ultimate high..I said it wasn't anything like that.. I tried.another.CVS and the pharmacist.told.me.she.heard things like that about that pharmacist..and I should call.the pharmacist manager of the store...what would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM
28 moms liked this
Those 2 drugs can have a interaction with each other. Adding in the fact you're taking norcos and xanax I would be thankful your pharmacist is looking out for you. Those are some heavy duty meds and a reaction between the first two could be very bad.
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Call the manager
CVS holds a very high stander of their Pharmacies employees and customers service is very important to them and if he made u feel in anyway uncomfortable or unsatisfied although I'm sure he was just trying to help but something needs to b done about it to see that it never happens again or to any other customers sorry u had a bad experiences with them hope it never happens again
Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd call and complain about the nosy/rude pharmacist. That is uncalled for.

alc4evermom
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Report him! Wtf?!

DanaG70
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I would report him.

mjmorrison
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
36 moms liked this

the job of a pharmacist is to question and make sure that the drugs you are prescribed have no interaction. he was doing his job.

squeekers
Yesterday at 1:17 AM
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

oh yeah. i'd complain in a pharm gave me rude unsolicited advice like that.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
72 moms liked this

Did you write down the order?  He may have saw.all.the. punctuation and thought you were high.

WesternNYmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have asked to speak to a manager.  I had to do this at a Rite Aid, because the Pharmasist questioned my reasoning for taking BC pill. Apparently my response of "it is none of your business" wasn't good enough for her.  I ended up getting the script filled, but I never went back to that location again.  Several people I know got the same treatment from that woman as well, and switched pharmacys too.

mcrowley22
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Where does the pharmacist get off telling you your dr. isnt a real dr? I understand asking about the medicine and all becuase of interactions but he shouldn't be an ass about it. gah... report him! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)