Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

No baby shower

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 28 Replies

I guess this si bugging me more and more every day/week. I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my third child. My current youngest will be 7 next month, so we gave away ALL our baby stuff years ago.

I'm due at the end of May, and in that group. I see all these posts about baby showers or sprinkles, and it bums me out. NO ONE I know has even asked or mentioned a baby shower for me, and I guess I'd really like one. I don't care if almost everything is from thrift stores or not. I just want to have a baby shower.

So plan one for myself. I KNOW that's going to come up. I'm TERRIBLE at party planning. I'm just not creative that way. Besides, I think throwing your own baby shower is a little tacky.

Ok, I think I'm done feeling sorry for myself now. Thankfully we're getting a decent sized tax return this year. Most, if not all, of it will be going to baby stuff and bills.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinnaa2000
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Have you told anyone how you feel about having a shower?
LDavis33
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you talk to your closest friend or family member about how you feel and tell them that you would like a baby shower?

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I just had baby 4 and baby 3 is 11.  I didnt save anything.  We were offered a shower but we didnt need one.  Nobody should have 3 or 4 kids unless they can afford them.  After my baby was born I hosted a party myself to introduce the baby and told people any gifts would be donated to a local womens shelter.  

Throwing your own shower is tacky.  After the baby is born you can throw a meet the baby party and you dont have to donate gifts.  

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Just my husband, in an offhand way.

Quoting tinnaa2000: Have you told anyone how you feel about having a shower?

KikiB85
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest was 7 and i didn't have one. I did however save alot of stuff so I wasn't too bad off. I was slightly bummed tho it would have been nice but I just had the baby not even 2 weeks ago and know it's alot to ask so close to christmas.

Don Feel Bad momma. Maybe it'll be a surprise?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I would mention it to close family or friends. My boys are less than a yr apart so i didnt have a second baby shower but it made me sad lol. i didnt need a thing but i guess i just would have liked everyone to get together to celebrate the new one. seems silly i guess but being pregnant makes you emotional. after that long i would expect one. just bring it up to some ppl close to you. 

amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

so why don't you ask a close friend to help you plan one??

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:30 PM

My "close friend" told me to go fuck myself a couple months ago.

I don't have many friends, and I don't make new ones all that easily.

Quoting amandacr1026:

so why don't you ask a close friend to help you plan one??

Mom2Kyle03
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I would post on fb stuff like " anyone have a a crib or high chair, walker, etc they're selling for cheap"? Then maybe your friends and family will get the "hint" that you need stuff and throw a shower? ;)

Callielove01
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell my mom. I would just outright ask her to throw a baby shower at my place (so she don't have the mess to clean up afterwards). If you don't open your mouth, you can't complain that you're not getting one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)