Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

count down to being homeless

Posted by   + Show Post

for a month straight we have been getting our daughter excited to go to disney world for her 4th birthday we even bought her outfits and spent money we normally would on rent on reservations and tickets it was gonna but it was gonna be alright because we were getting almost 10 thousand back in taxes. We had a pretty tight year 18 months and had to skip the past two christmases or rather only spend fifty dollars total so we decided to do it big for her to make up for the crappy year and a half.

Once the money refund was approved by the irs we as a family already spent the money in our heads but yeasturday when i go online to check our bank accout because it was the big refund money spending day. i find 323 dollars pending in our account. After tears and four hours of trying to find out why we are redirected to the Veterans Administration (dh was going to school but had to drop out after the second week the va payed for it and he started classes after the drop date)

They told us they took the money and we asked why they didnt tell us we owed in december when we called them or why they didnt send us out a letter telling us we owed them money and they said "we arent obligated to inform you" and "if you called us before it went to collections then we may have been able to do somthing for you but we wont now"

WTF what do you mean you dont have to tell us and we did call you in december assholes

now not only are we not able to catch up on bills but i have to destroy my daughters hopes and dreams that we've been speending over a month bulding up

FML

Not to mention rents due thein a week and we already spent half the money 

Fu va and Fu me for not seeing this comming count down to being homless  14 days

(my apt kicks you out after being 1 week late)

Edit: yea i get that i should have waited till the money came in to spend it but the thing is we had no idea that we owed any one money and especially since we called the etrans administration and they flat out told us two months ago we dont owe them anything so once the irs adcepted our return we figured we were good. And the reason we got so much back is because my Husband got out of the army early last year and couldnt work so i had too and im not yet finished with my nursing degree.

i m not lazy i work two jobs and go to school also i didnt know fl cost of living was twice where we prevoiusly were when we moved and dh said it would be ok any way cause the VA would pay him to go to school.

i get that it was my fault but we saw that money and were like yes we are finaly able to breath. 

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM

broke ass people going to Disney. don't have any savings really

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That is your own fault. Don't count your chickens before they hatch you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM

There is a reason they are broke. Spending all of their money the second they get it, or in this case before they get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

broke ass people going to Disney. don't have any savings really

notjstasocermom
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM
How did you not know you owed that much money
Caera
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM

How did you not know you owed that money?

CoolRelax
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I'm sorry that happened, but it sounds like your priorities are a little off.  Your daughter is only 4, keeping a roof over her head, clothes on her back and food in her stomach is more important than presents and vacations.  Pay the bills first.  Set money aside for a special trip, don't put down money you need elsewhere and when you have some extra funds you can surprise your daughter with something nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Lmao@ dumbass
nurse1997
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Something is wrong with this picture what r u doing to bring in 10 grand from taxes and u cant pay rent now sounds screwed up !

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Honestly it sounds like you guys shouldn't have spent that money until you had the bills paid first then if you had enough money go,for the trip. It sounds to me like you guys need to learn from this.
curious89
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Quoting notjstasocermom: How did you not know you owed that much money

We called the vetrans adminstation after my husband droped out of school and their exact word were you dont owe any money to us. that was in december and when i called after they took the money they said they dont have to tell us we owe them money and if we called earlier we wouldnt have had our refund taken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)