Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

how to deal with family members that aren't supportive

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have tried to reach out and get support from my family just to get an excuse as to why they cannot help me. All I'm asking for is some emotional support and the only place I get it is from here and my DH.
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GloryDaze
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Then it sounds like you made a great choice in who to marry. Lean on one another and forget the rest of your extended family. They obviously have their own issues. Create new memories with the family you and your husband make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I agree with GloryDaze. We all grow up and create our own families. You'll just have to lean in your husband. I find that my relationship is so much stronger leaning on one another. Instead of involving my family or his in our personal issues. Or in my personal issues you know? Sometimes family can be extremely selfish and it hurts trust me I know. We have to just be grateful we have who we have in front of us. All of my family is in California and I'm here in New York. My mom isn't there for me too much and when she is it's useless advice anyway. He's the one there 24/7 I think he's the one to go to! (: cheer up mama tough times will pass.
ttc-for-me
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much:-) what you've said really helps me. My DHs family love me more then my own. They're great and I'm blessed to have them in my life

Quoting Anonymous: I agree with GloryDaze. We all grow up and create our own families. You'll just have to lean in your husband. I find that my relationship is so much stronger leaning on one another. Instead of involving my family or his in our personal issues. Or in my personal issues you know? Sometimes family can be extremely selfish and it hurts trust me I know. We have to just be grateful we have who we have in front of us. All of my family is in California and I'm here in New York. My mom isn't there for me too much and when she is it's useless advice anyway. He's the one there 24/7 I think he's the one to go to! (: cheer up mama tough times will pass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM
You're welcome honey!

Quoting ttc-for-me: Thanks so much:-) what you've said really helps me. My DHs family love me more then my own. They're great and I'm blessed to have them in my life

Quoting Anonymous: I agree with GloryDaze. We all grow up and create our own families. You'll just have to lean in your husband. I find that my relationship is so much stronger leaning on one another. Instead of involving my family or his in our personal issues. Or in my personal issues you know? Sometimes family can be extremely selfish and it hurts trust me I know. We have to just be grateful we have who we have in front of us. All of my family is in California and I'm here in New York. My mom isn't there for me too much and when she is it's useless advice anyway. He's the one there 24/7 I think he's the one to go to! (: cheer up mama tough times will pass.
rahi2009
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Dump the family. If you can't count on them for even emotional support, what are they good for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN